whats the peavy ultra plus like???

BOOGIE666

• Members

Some guy is offering me a trade for my baritone for one, I have never played one and have no Idea what it sounds like.

I play thrash / death metal in the likes of lamb of god, Slayer, old metallica, shadows fall, morbid angel, testament and so on.

I also own a mark IV and a 3 channel dual recto, with two recto 4 x 12 cabs, would this be a good addition for the type of music I play?

• Members

Schematically it is almost identical to the xxx. The crunch channel has a lower value drive pot so it is more a strict crunch channel, I think the ultra series is a bit more versatile then a xxx because they have a couple gain switches on the distortion channels, the only drawback is shared eq on the crunch and lead channel. Nice amps.

• Members

Originally posted by timv

Schematically it is almost identical to the xxx. The crunch channel has a lower value drive pot so it is more a strict crunch channel, I think the ultra series is a bit more versatile then a xxx because they have a couple gain switches on the distortion channels, the only drawback is shared eq on the crunch and lead channel. Nice amps.

Exactly.

I like the Ultra lead channel more than the 5150 as it sounds smoother and not as grainy.

Archived