Yesterday my gf told me I was too obsessed with guitars...

krazeexharhar

• Members

HAH!!! Anybody on these boards has probably got THAT particular complain AT LEAST once! unless you girl is a musician herself, they can probably never understand the mission we're all on.

May as well get used to the nagging...it will haunt you for as long as you hunt {censored}. If the nagging gets too much, you can:
A- Leave!

or, if you live with her....

B- Keep turning up that master volume knob till the nagging goes away (I have a 300 watt amp...I'm prepared for anything!)

• Members
Originally posted by Firegoat

I think all of us face this dilemma. My wife and I have a "I get an amp if she gets a dog" policy. Two dogs and two amps currently. I'm gassing a little for another amp but I don't think I can take another dog.
:p

a good amp can last forever. a good dog...15-16 years. wait until one dies! :D

• Members

I think all of us face this dilemma. My wife and I have a "I get an amp if she gets a dog" policy. Two dogs and two amps currently. I'm gassing a little for another amp but I don't think I can take another dog.

Buy her a hi tech vibrator. It'll either shut her up, or the buzzing may drown out your 3 rd amp (so your 3rd better be a small practice amp, or that dildo better be jacked to a {censored}in' Hemi!)

• Members

Chicks really pay attention to the little things. Make sure you do something nice for her every day. Don't forget to tell her how good she looks and how much you love her to. Try to go out and do something fun together at least once a week. If she still complains after that, she's a needy bitch... dump her.

:D

• Members

That only means you are not playing enough. If you have time to talk, you should be practicing...

Jeez, you could be snagging other girls. She should be happy your not chasing quiff and have the focus and determination to get better at something...

I have lived by one rule. If a girl gets jealous of me playing guitar, goodbye. That is only the tip of what they will be jealous of and as the years go on, it only get's worse...

my 2 cents... Dave

• Members
Originally posted by tequila_titan

Women can't handle it when they realize they're not the center of your universe.

my girlfriend knew of my music/gear obsession from day one.
I piss away thouasnds on gear (well, usually the same thousands over and over again), and rarely buy her much.
even after sending her to her senior prom alone while i went to see dimmu borgir, shes still with me and its been over 5 years.
:D

• Members

Ditch her, dude. If you decide to give up guitars or cut back or something then she'll just come up with something else to whine about. If you're not obsessed with her, then you're doing something wrong in her eyes. That's a lot of women, the ones with no self esteem or lack of knowledge of men.

• Members

Does it work backwards? You sell an amp, she sells a dog..

If so. Sell both, and get an Modular amp with loads of modules :) Then get her a really old dog from a centre :D

• Members

I call my guitar Leslie and sometimes when I know the gf is coming over I put her in my bed on her side with the headstock resting on her pillow. Plus on other occassions if she gets upset with me I can say "Leslie never judges me like that" or "Leslie likes me for who I am". I usually just get an eyeroll back.

• Members
Originally posted by krazeexharhar

She was really sad. She thinks I don't care about her anymore.

:(

Sounds like your girlfriend is a manipulative attention whore. DTB as soon as possible. You stay with her and when you're 30 she'll be whining at you that you don't spend enough time with her and make you go to the mall shopping with her, come to her bookclub, watch Oprah, Dr. Phil, and the Lifetime Original Movie Of The Week!

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

just sneak them in and tell her that you have had that particular one for ages. That is what my wife does with new clothes.

or buy & sell loads of amps in a short space of time until she loses track
:)

Hahahha....perfect. Been there, done (doing) that :D

I have all black guitars too..she can't tell the diff...hasn't even noticed the ENGL and the Divinity yet...but after I went through 6 amps this year, hardly suprising eh?

Archived