Orange amps close to any others?

Gypsyfan

• Members

Originally posted by Gypsyfan

Can you get the "orange" sound out of another amp, say a Marshall? Or do they have their own thing going? Just curious. Specifically the 140.

Matamp is the next of kin for an Orange's tone.

Still, Matamp is more Vintage 70's Orange (and their own thing too), while the newer Orange stuff is just as Orangy as teh 70's Orange's, but with a slightly different flavor - sort of like Tropicana Orange Juice vs. Minute Maid Orange Juice.

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

in addition to their regular models, matamp will actually build you almost anything you want if it's not a total departure from their designs... so if you want 100% orange juice, they can make it for you - or if you want modern tone, they can make that too.

Matamp is no longer doing the high wattage amps. 80 watts is the loudest they do these days. Electric Amps is the way to go now for the 120 watt amps. I believe Electric is staying truer to the original designs.

• Members

you dont want 140 watts, its absolutely ridiculous. the ad30 is way loud already. anyways, i dont know if much some close to the AD tone, so nice and full. definitely not marshall, mesa or other common's. get an AD30, you can find one for under 1000 bucks. i needed more gain so i bought the rockerverb.

Archived