Harmonizer users ?

Giga

• Members

My guitarist / friend / bandmate quit not so long ago so now I'm the only guitarist in our band. (apart from our singer who picked up guitarplaying to fill up a bit during solo's)

We play "Can't get enough" from Bad Compagny which has that really cool solo in it with 2 guitarparts playing together.

Now I'm wondering if I might be able with a harmonizer or whatever it's called to mimic the double lead parts.

Is there anybody that can help ?

Thanks.

Giga.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Get a Boss HR-2 Harmonist

:D

I`m using a Rocktron Intellipitch (just used available) since several years now. Its 1 RU, does its job good and is standard Rocktron quality. In combination with the G-Major I have all I need. Ebay sometimes has them for 300

Olaf

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I used to have a Boss HR-2, I got it for about $100 on Ebay. I haven't used any other harmonizers so I can't compare it to any, but it was pretty decent I suppose. I should get another one of those come to think of it.
:p:D

AFAIK you can`t use flat tunings with it. The better stuff of course is fully adjustable - and programmable over midi.

I play lots of Lizzy stuff with it (the I-Pitch) and while it can`t replace a real axeman its pretty good, you just have to tweak it correctly and find the "good" scales (out of 10 or 11).

I just use the unit for harmonizing, everything else is done by the Major.

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

The Intellipitch software is also made by Wave mechanics. I was thinking about getting a Force, but the Major and the I-Pitch was cheaper than the Force
;)

That works too, but keep in mind that the Force has a lot of other features too. Its got better quality effects than the Major and the build quality is a lot better. You can get one used for about $800 so if you can spend a bit more I think youll be happier in the long run.

EDIT: Oops. I just read your post saying that you already have the units. If it does what you want then thats all you need :cool: .

• Members

I just sold an HR-2 -- you can do flat keys with it, and it did indeed track much better (i.e., flawlessly) with a dry line running straight from the guitar to the second input. Fwiw. :)

Before that, I used the intelligent pitch shifting built into my Digitech GSP 2101 Artist, and it came off very well live, especially when using the real-time footcontrollers on my midi board to change the intervals while playing... :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Lucius

how many harmony parts did you have in there? In some parts it sounds like you used the harmonizer but in others it seems you've double tracked the harmony? Cheers Lucius

The opening riff is the harmonizer, then follows a harmonizer part with another track (non-harmonized) played over that - so three voices - if I remember correctly :)

Archived