recorded a video of me playing Jeff Beck tune

IamOne

• Members
Originally posted by tlester

I liked it. I wish I could pick better with my fingers. That was cool. Great strat, too.

-Tom

Thanks for checking it out. I hardly use a pick anymore, except for Django stuff. Fingers kick ass.

The strat aint nothing speical, just a standard mex thingy. My first and only electric actually. It probably plays and sounds crap compared to a US model but i've never tried one so i wouldn't know.:o

Originally posted by tlester

PS. Yes... I'm sloppier... at least sometimes.
;)

http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3N3LIB84I5KBN34A0OXP63AJGU

i doubt that.:p:D

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

What were you playing, a POD or something? I thought I heard a flanger or something towards the end there?

Also, what gauge strings do you use?

A boss gt6. That was a wah and an octave fuzz...i think. Strings are 10's

• Members
Originally posted by Andersonology

Very nice. I play that song in a 3 piece I'm in now, and I'll admit you play a more "Beckish" version than I. I may have to dissect your video and cop some ideas.

One question; where did you get those backing tracks at?

Cool...ideas from my vid? Here's one don't abuse the whammy bar every few secondse.:D:o

Well that backing was from an issue of Guitar Techniques magazine. They've done quite a few Beck transcriptions over the years. I also got a in session book and cd, which is were the Big Block backing is from.

ta.

• Members
Originally posted by draelyc

I'd love to be that "sloppy"!
:mad::p:D

Man, that was an incredible amount of feeling you wrung outa that strat . . .
:eek:
Very tasty ~ thanks for posting it!

C

:)

haha...maybe i'll upload a vid of me playing some hendrix which i recorded at the same time. I got a camera the other day so i've been playing with it.:o

Archived