Tried a JSX again!

TheDirtyCat

• Members

I went back to try the JSX i tested a while back. This time i actually set it up properly.

I had the master volume at about 7 or 8 and channel volume at about 1 and a half or 2.

I think it didnt sound a lot better than before when i had the master volume only on about 1 as well but i didnt really get time to compare it to what i had it set to before.

I only really got a chance to mess around with the ultra channel and didnt really get any time to play around with the other 2 channels.

I would of liked to of tried the crunch channel a lot more.. Played unchained and it sounded pretty good :)

The clean channel i know is pretty decent because i have played it before last time i tested the jsx!

I played it through a marshall cab.. 1960b cab i think.

It seemed to be able to get really heavy.. i think i had the gain set really high again... about 7 or 8 at the most as i wasnt playing it really loud.

I only got to play it through an average guitar though.. i would of liked to have used a more expensive guitar to see how it sounded.

Only thing i can say is that i would like the lead tone to be a bit thicker still. I guess its ok. Maybe some reverb and other effects would help a lot?

Maybe even boost the amp with a ts-9 or something like michael angelo does? ... thats the kind of tone i would like !!!

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

I like that amp!

More than the XXX!

I need to try one a bit more!

They are amazing. I heard one at music live when it was cranked and it sounded so good. I remember the guy playing this one note on it at the start of a song and the tone was so thick,smooth and had so much sustain.

I remember him playing a solo and thinking there was almost a perfect amount of gain but not quite enough... but i didnt realise he was on the crunch channel. Then he went to the ultra channel which had that extra gain that made it perfect.

It was the first amp i heard at music live that really sounded to me how i thought it tube amp should sound. I remember i kept going back to the JSX all the time. The tone he got from it was one of those tones that just make you think WOW.

• Members

i really dig these amps as well (oddly enough the one i tried the other day, seemed to sound better than the ones i played when they first came out...so who knows?) the ultra channel, in fat mode, with the mids cranked is just beautiful!

depending on how things go...around jan or feb. i'm hoping to get me one of these :D

• Members

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

Just tried one out today....I liked it for a stock amp! Thought it was nice. It was quite rockin! Very Clean....

Ohh...The crunch channel....I never turned the gain past 4. {censored} load of gain!

Did u have the volume up high ?

I found i always had the gain up pretty high. Was a nice amount of gain i got though.

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i really dig these amps as well (oddly enough the one i tried the other day, seemed to sound better than the ones i played when they first came out...so who knows?) the ultra channel, in fat mode, with the mids cranked is just beautiful!

depending on how things go...around jan or feb. i'm hoping to get me one of these
:D

Well i'm hoping to get one if i can get one cheap.
Apparently i can get a discount on anything in the shop where i tried the jsx because i am doing a music course in the place above the shop. Not sure what discount i get yet... i asked the guy and he said anything i want, so im guessing i could buy the jsx for

Archived