Paging cobrahead1030

DirtyChains

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyChains

Thanks man. I am about 2 1/2 hours away. I might drive down there one Sat to check the place out.

if you wanna check out a splawn head, call the shop before you drive down...scott can only build a few heads a week, and generally they ship out as soon as they're assembled and tested...if you let him know tho, he can usually try to have one there for you to play before it goes on the fedex truck

usually he'll have a jcm800, a few jcm2000 series, and maybe an engl or two in stock...always has plenty of cabs, nice usa jacksons, new usa charvels, some tacoma acoustics, and usually one or two splawn custom guitars (bodies and necks form dtm) in stock as well

he also carries the maxon stomboxes, and some other cool stuff

• Members

I am stuck between getting a Splawn cab or an Avatar. The Avatar looks like the better deal but I dunno...

I have not had much luck finding a decent used 2x12 here or on The Gear Page. If I go Avatar I will probably get a 4x12 in an X pattern. The biggest thing I dislike about their cabs is they are not wired for stereo. All the Splawn cabs are.

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyChains

I am stuck between getting a Splawn cab or an Avatar. The Avatar looks like the better deal but I dunno...

I have not had much luck finding a decent used 2x12 here or on The Gear Page. If I go Avatar I will probably get a 4x12 in an X pattern. The biggest thing I dislike about their cabs is they are not wired for stereo. All the Splawn cabs are.

avatar makes great stuff for a great price, i think they're a hard value to beat...however, having played both; i'm gonna have to say splawn cabs are clearly in another league, they sound bigger, and warmer

if you wanna save some cash, avatar isn't a bad deal...if you want a cab that'll stand toe to toe with the best, the splawn is something you could easily be happy with for t 10+ years

this is just my opinion tho, having played many good and not so good cabs, i think they're a VERY important part of a rig's tone that souldn't be overlooked...i'd say it's atleast worth a drive downthere if you get a chance

Archived