Mode Four advice please?

chickumz

• Members

Hey can anyone help?

I have the wonderfull/awkward Mode Four from Marshall and while i love this thing i have a few probs.

The main problem i used to have was all the hissing and feedback when trying to get the best out of it-easily fixed with a simple boss ns2-but have read on the database reports that there are some options for replacing the valves?

I dont know much about this type of thing so could i ask some advice as to whats available and how much the mod would be?

Any chance of warming up the sound a bit?

Any advice would be greatly apreciated!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by chickumz

Hey can anyone help?

I have the wonderfull/awkward Mode Four from Marshall and while i love this thing i have a few probs.

The main problem i used to have was all the hissing and feedback when trying to get the best out of it-easily fixed with a simple boss ns2-but have read on the database reports that there are some options for replacing the valves?

I dont know much about this type of thing so could i ask some advice as to whats available and how much the mod would be?

Any chance of warming up the sound a bit?

Any advice would be greatly apreciated!!!!

Try some lower gain factor tubes like a 12AT7 (I don't know the Brittish equivalent) That might warm it up some. Good luck.

• Members

Thanks guys-thats quality!!!

Gonna try the valves you mentioned if i can find em, and just for the record my other guitarist ownes a tsl 100 and is still unsure of his purchase!!!

I used to own a jcm 900 half stack so wanted something different which is why i bought the mode four. Its just soooooooooo good but takes some time to dail good sounds.

Worth it tho.

Oh yeah and just to make matters worse ive started using my old freind Zach in the line up. A Fuzz Factory with a mode four?

Insane..................

X

Archived