DAMN! MICHAEL SCHENKER AND ULI ROTH are KILLER!

mad axe man

• Members

They are my two favorite guitarists of all time. I would recommend the following albums for their best stuff:

Uli-Virgin Killer, Tokyo Tapes, Beyond the Astral Skies.

Schenker-Lights Out, Obsession, Strangers in the Night, first MSG album, Walk on Water.

The only thing about Uli's Electric Sun stuff is that his singing is atrocious. I also wish he would dump the sky guitar and play his white strat again. The frequencies on the sky guitar are really unusual and sometimes grating. As for Schenker, just about anything he did with UFO, except for Sharks is worth listening to IMO.

• Members

I actually saw them both play(separately) @ a small club last summer. Schenker has always been one of my fav guitarists, but I wasn't very familiar with Uli's material. I bought Tokyo Tapes and he rocks. Unfortunately 25 ys later Uli doesn't rock. His music almost put me to sleep except for his cover of Little Wings.

• Members

they helped put the scorpions on the map,uli IS awesome!!

Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

these guys are two of the best,most underated players ever!

i am really into they melody,finesse, tone they both have

what, is there something in the water over in germany?
:D

• Members

Originally posted by daver102

Yes. I believe Michael and Rudolph both played on the Scorpions' Lovedrive album.

As far as I can remember, Michael only played on Lonesome Crow - The Scorpions very 1st album when he was 16 back in '72 or there abouts. Love Drive was around '80. Mathias Jabs played on that one. Great record, though.

• Members

Originally posted by pluto

The only thing about Uli's Electric Sun stuff is that his singing is atrocious. I also wish he would dump the sky guitar and play his white strat again. The frequencies on the sky guitar are really unusual and sometimes grating.

he sounds like crusty the clown on a jug of nyquil

• Members

Originally posted by billybogner

As far as I can remember, Michael only played on Lonesome Crow - The Scorpions very 1st album when he was 16 back in '72 or there abouts. Love Drive was around '80. Mathias Jabs played on that one. Great record, though.

I think Michael did play on a couple of tracks on the Lovedrive album...

"Coast to Coast"

"Another Piece of Meat"

• Members

Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

these guys are two of the best,most underated players ever!

i am really into they melody,finesse, tone they both have

what, is there something in the water over in germany?

Yep them and John Sykes too. They got that touch that so few have. Finesse is a good word to describe them. Still on the top, even of all these new players out.

• Members

Originally posted by billybogner

No Billy, they are right. Michael played a few tracks on Lovedrive.

Check out very early UFO "Flying"...gosh so retro and cool analog delay.:D

For something newer, check out UFO's reunion "Walk On Water". It's worth buying.

Shows all you youngsters that you can still freakin rock even as an old fart.

Speaking of UFO, how about Phil Moog? Damn...talk about singer longevity. Phil is such a monster...to keep the pipes going strong for that long! GOSH!

• Members

Originally posted by Shellshock

I think Michael did play on a couple of tracks on the Lovedrive album...

"Coast to Coast"

"Another Piece of Meat"

You can also hear him on the solo on the song Lovedrive.

On another note, there's a 'new' dvd coming out in December. It was originally released on VHS and I guess they're finally getting around to releasing it on DVD:

UFO: 'Too Hot To Handle' DVD To Receive North American Release In December - Sep. 29, 2005

Music Video Distributors has set a December 6 North American release date for UFO's "Too Hot to Handle" DVD.

The 90-minute DVD gathers rare footage during the Michael Schenker era along with more recent live footage and interviews with the band and others. Bandmembers chronicle their rise to fame and how the dynamic in the band has changed over the years with the definitive story of the band being told.

In 1969, UFO was formed in the U.K. by vocalist Phil Mogg, guitarist Mick Bolton, bassist Pete Way, and drummer Andy Parker. In 1974, Bolton left the group and former SCORPIONS guitarist Michael Schenker stepped in as a permanent replacement. The Schenker period is considered to be the classic lineup of UFO and it is featured on "Too Hot to Handle", making this DVD a must have for all UFO fans.

"Too Hot to Handle" DVD track listing:

01. This Kids

02. Out In the Street

03. Shoot Shoot

04. Come on Everybody

05. Love to Love

06. Doctor Doctor

07. Lettin' Go

08. Mystery Train

09. Lights Out

10. Too Hot to Handle

11. Rock Bottom

12. Let It Roll

13. The Coming of Prince Kujuku

14. Borderline

15. Running Up the Highway

16. Backdoor Man

17. This Kids

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

No Billy, they are right. Michael played a few tracks on Lovedrive.

Check out very early UFO "Flying"...gosh so retro and cool analog delay.

For something newer, check out UFO's reunion "Walk On Water". It's worth buying.

Shows all you youngsters that you can still freakin rock even as an old fart.

Speaking of UFO, how about Phil Moog? Damn...talk about singer longevity. Phil is such a monster...to keep the pipes going strong for that long! GOSH!

FLYING is one kick ass album, but pretty sure mikey didn't play on it??

Archived