Deicide1 deal update

thefyn

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

I got his check, so I will be deleting my other threads.

He gave me more than it was worth so thumbs up.

Now...who's selling a JB?
:p

I'll have a JB once I buy a guitar with one. Send me a check, and when I get a guitar with a JB in it, I'll send you the JB.

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Yeah dude, youse gotta schmooze up to Goderator Phil O'Keefe iffin you wanna get any threads yanked.

No need to refer to me as "Goderator" - just call me "your surpreme royal sir-ness" and we'll be fine. ;):p:D

Seriously folks, the thread deletion thing was changed due to a lot of different reasons which we've already explained a few times (including overwhelming member requests that it be set that way), and while you can't delete a thread you started anymore, you can still edit your own content in any post you make - including a thread starting post. :)

My suggestion, for cases like this, is that you either ask a mod or administrator to pull the thread (and if there isn't any significant contributions that others made that still others may find useful, we usually will with no problems) or add one additional post - or edit your original post - to state that the deal went through to your satisfaction and that everything's cool. That seems fair to me to all parties concerned - because it lets people know that the buyer / seller followed through and eliminates any questions regarding them being a flake or whatever. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Seriously folks, the thread deletion thing was changeddue to a lot of different reasons which we've already explained a few times (including overwhelming member requests that it be set that way), and while you can't delete a thread you started anymore, you can still edit your own
content
in any post you make - including a thread starting post.
:)

My suggestion, for cases like this, is that you either ask a mod or administrator to pull the thread (and if there isn't any significant contributions that others made that still others may find useful, we usually will with no problems) or add one additional post - or edit your original post - to state that the deal went through to your satisfaction and that everything's cool. That seems fair to me to all parties concerned - because it lets people know that the buyer / seller followed through and eliminates any questions regarding them being a flake or whatever.
:)

You should stop explaining it, Phil, it's a waste of time. I prefer the no thread deletion rule. I also think it's a good idea to leave threads like that up as a sort of audit trail, so to speak.

• Members
Originally posted by Deicide1

That's not even worth disputing. I wouldn't have sent a check if I didn't have the funds for it to clear. By the way, who doesn't have $80 in their checking account? {censored}, my overdraft coverage handles that.
:rolleyes:

Nothing personal. I'm just a businessman.

• Members

I hope you mean as far as your view goes. I don't picture you as a businessman, especially by the manner in which you conduct yourself here.

...but then again I could very well be wrong. It's not right to type-cast people.

I mean that a check means nothing to me until it's been cleared and converted to cash.

And to say I don't act like a businessman? You're the one who flaked on an agreement. You won't see me pulling that {censored}. It's bad business as your marketing department has probably figured out.

• Members

I have both a standard spaced and a trem spaced JB in black that I'd sell. PM me if you're interested and we'll figure out a price and if you wish I'll shoot some pics of the one you're interested in.

• Members

Sounds good...I'm not going to argue. I just want this thread bumped to show that I'm not half bad after-all.

that's bull{censored}. the guy had to wrestle with you for three months because you decided you didn't like the deal after you had already agreed to it by taking advantage of the situation and deciding to withold his property from him. your solution is then to send him $80, but not his pickup, over three months later and point out that you're paying more than it's worth. how much do you think he came out on top on this deal? $30 dollars? is that enough compensation for the months he spent on trying to get what you stole from him back? i don't think so. people have {censored}ed around with me far less over thousands of dollars and it just wasn't worth my time. i doubt what you've done to thefyn would be worth anybody's.

• Members

I hope you mean as far as your view goes. I don't picture you as a businessman, especially by the manner in which you conduct yourself here.

...but then again I could very well be wrong. It's not right to type-cast people.

In other words,you were wrong to just do so here.

Archived