Marshall Avt 150 Valves!!!

roofusthewizard

• Members

I have just borrowed a Marshall AVT 150 Valvestate 2000 from a friend. It's supposed to be great, but he said the valve has gone i need to replace. So i bought a Marshall ECC83, carefully plugged it in. And now i've gone from low volume Overdrive to NO VOLUME OVERDRIVE!! What's gone wrong? HELP ME!

• Members

Originally posted by roofusthewizard

I have just borrowed a Marshall AVT 150 Valvestate 2000 from a friend. It's supposed to be great, but he said the valve has gone i need to replace. So i bought a Marshall ECC83, carefully plugged it in. And now i've gone from low volume Overdrive to NO VOLUME OVERDRIVE!! What's gone wrong? HELP ME!

I know it sounds simple, but, check again and make sure you have the preamp tubes pins seated properly. Make sure you haven't broken off a pin as well! Sometimes tubes are just DOA.

Usually though a preamp tube will make some sort of sound though. Although not always.

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by wanky

i have an avt too, there actually not great compared to the DSL or other all tube amps, they compress too much and thwat reducaes the crunchyness of my tone. Maybe its gotta do with the baising.

There's no biasing involved because there are no power tubes. And only one preamp tube so that's not really even a tube preamp!

• Members
Originally posted by roofusthewizard

Sounds like it might be a bad tube. Try another one.

Archived