Speaker Suggestions for POD XT Pro and Power Amp...

StevieRaveOn

• Members

running a pod through a guitar speaker is like running your $2000 home stereo through your guitar cabs so i am going to load one of my cabs with full range speakers of some sort just for my pod rig.;)

• Members
Originally posted by StevieRaveOn

Awesome, I've got some of those lying around. Just out of curiousity's sake, did you try and others with the POD?

my cab is loaded with g-75's now and i am missing alot of valued frequencys:(

• Members

DO NOT USE REGUALR GUITAR SPEAKERS..

PLEASE DONT....

If you do, then youll have to turn off cab sims, and mic sims, then wtf is the point of the POD?

If anything i would suggest whatever speakers line6 puts into there cabs ( since there used for modeling)

When i did have my PODxt, i was bored one day and went to GC and plugged into 2 of those JBL EON active speakers...

and the PODxt sounded so damn good, THE BEST i ever heard it, totally awesome...

• Members

Awesome, I've got some of those lying around. Just out of curiousity's sake, did you try and others with the POD?

Sure I have...

I have tried:

G12H-30 (from the mid 70's...not the new crap)

G12-65's

G12M-25's pre-rola

G12M-25's 1972 greenbacks

G12M-25's 1978 blackbacks

• Members

Just curious... Have you turned the cab and mic emulations off? I was told to do this for live use as a preamp.

yes i have done that and had good results but i was missing somthing and could not put my finger on it, but ran my pod through a crate powerblock and some carvin monitors in stereo and wow the whole rig started to give me chills.so i had a pifhany to load my marshall cab with full range drivers.

• Members

Cool... so after reading that and some of you guys' comments... I'm wondering if I should just use my QSC PLX for the power amp and find some of those G12H80s that Avatar had that were suppose to be from some modeling company.

Any other suggestions for full range speakers?

• Members

Cool... so after reading that and some of you guys' comments... I'm wondering if I should just use my QSC PLX for the power amp and find some of those G12H80s that Avatar had that were suppose to be from some modeling company.

Any other suggestions for full range speakers?

bose if they make them in 12' drivers they would sound sick i would bet

• Members

Why not just a decent set of P.A. Cabs?

Carvin makes some good stuff pretty cheap.

I used to run an original Pod Pro, into a Carvin dcm1000 into a pair of Carvin 1584 p.a. cabs.

And when we had a singer at rehearsal, we would just throw in the mixer and plug the pod into it.....voila, p.a. for the band.

SOUNDED GREAT!!!!!

Look at bands Like Meshuggah (although they have switched the vetta now), and nine inch nails...straight into the p.a.

Thats one option for you if your not stuck on the "gotto have 4X12 cabs behind me" thought process. not that its a bad thing. ;)

Just another option.

Archived