How long to wait for Ebay seller to contact you?

Dr. Distortion

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Have you contacted the seller?

Yeah, definitely contact the seller and make sure you ask that he lets you know when he is shipping it out and that you want the tracking # for the item when it is shipped.

Some Ebay members are not very good with communication. I wouldn't be to worried yet. If it goes well into next week and you have not received the item or heard from the seller at all then you may have some problems.

How did you pay for the item?

• Members

could be trouble, might not be. i sent payment to a seller very fast once, and after 4 days and not hearing from him i got worried. on the 5th day, no response, but i got the package in the mail :cool:

alot of ebay sellers just need to work on their communication :)

• Members
Originally posted by mister kyo

could be trouble, might not be. i sent payment to a seller very fast once, and after 4 days and not hearing from him i got worried. on the 5th day, no response, but i got the package in the mail
:cool:

alot of ebay sellers just need to work on their communication
:)

I've had that a lot of times. After a few days you e-mail and ask again for a tracking number,don't get one,but the package shows up promptly.

• Members

I just sold an item on ebay a week ago Monday & have yet to here from the buyer.I'm guessing at this point it's a non paying bidder.
I've tried to make contact twice very politely about when to expect payment & get no response.I'm amazed at the ignorance of some people.

• Members

I wouldn't stress out about no contact at this point. It's a weekend, so there's a good chance the seller is gone or busy for the weekend. Plus, a suprising number of people still do everything through work computers and don't deal with anything from home. It's not like the seller could have shipped it until next week, so if I were the seller and hadn't received any questions I would just be waiting until I got a chance to ship it and then would send tracking info and estimated arrival time info.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

There are some people on ebay who are very well behaved, but for whatever reason just refuse to communicate. I'd send an email just asking for confirmation that payment was received and a tracking number.

Well put. No need rocking any boat or jumping to conclusions - payment is sent and possibly so is your item.

Archived