Damn ungrounded outlet hum is killing me!!

AmpliFIRE

• Members

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

Is there some sort of power strip that'll reduce or eliminate the hum?

Drive a 7 foot iron rod into the ground and then attach a wire to that and to the ground plug of your power strip. Problem fixed

• Members

Originally posted by The Boogie Man

Try reversing the plug or switching the ground switch if you amp has one, if it's RF hum and that dosen't work are there other electrical appliances, lights in the room or on the same circuit? Try un-plugging them too.

Thanks man...My entire basement is finished and all of the lights (recessed) and outlets are on the same circuit.

• Members

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

Is there some sort of power strip that'll reduce or eliminate the hum?

Welcome to my hell, The electricity in My apartment is so {censored}ty its ridiculous

better that than the water I guess. NYC water kicks ass!!!

good luck

Kage

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Welcome to my hell, The electricity in My apartment is so {censored}ty its ridiculous

good luck

Kage

Concord water is brown, but goddamn does our electricity kick ass!

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Welcome to my hell, The electricity in My apartment is so shitty its ridiculous

good luck

Kage

Oh how I envy you. Our water is so shitty here. Its just ridden with chemicals. If you put some in a plastic bottle and suck air our of the bottle, you can taste the nasty ass chemicals or whatever from the water. I had to buy one of those Birta purifiers for the faucet and I constantly buy bottled water. :(

• Members

Originally posted by PuppetOfMasters

Oh how I envy you. Our water is so shitty here. Its just ridden with chemicals. If you put some in a plastic bottle and suck air our of the bottle, you can taste the nasty ass chemicals or whatever from the water. I had to buy one of those Birta purifiers for the faucet and I constantly buy bottled water.
:(

Originally posted by Josh Savoy

Concord water is brown, but goddamn does our electricity kick ass!

I kid you not, the water from the tap is better than bottled water!! I have had some water in other places that is a bit on the chewy side however...:eek:

• Members

ASSUMING your wiring is per standard, you can (this is NOT the right thing to do but it does work) replace your wall recepticle with the 3-prong grounded variety, and run a short jumper wire from the common (white wire, silver screw) to the ground. DO NOT connect the hot (black wire, gold screw) to ground. In your breaker box, the commons and grounds are all connected to the same bar, so electrically this is correct, but you dont have the safety of the 3rd wire for your ground.

Archived