Way OT: French using live dogs/cats for shark bait!

"sasquatch"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

Another reason to HATE the French

I would love to go mano-y-mano against any of the worthless, smelly panzies doing this crap. How could anyone be so cruel?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html

edit: i am sorry for the very OT post, but this enrages me!
:mad:

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/WorldGeography/France/France.htm
"France is the second largest country in Europe, with the fifth largest population in Europe.
Population: 57.5 million"

Wow, it is a miracle there still are sharks in the ocean, with 57,5 million people fishing shark all the time. Not to mention the miracle it is that you still can find a cat :eek::D

j/k, but your first sentence seemed like a small generalization ;)

edit:
But I agree completely, and would gladly join you in the stomping of these cruel assholes!

• Members
Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/WorldGeography/France/France.htm

"France is the second largest country in Europe, with the fifth largest population in Europe.

Population: 57.5 million"

Wow, it is a miracle there still are sharks in the ocean, with 57,5 million people fishing shark all the time. Not to mention the miracle it is that you still can find a cat
:eek::D

j/k, but your first sentence seemed like a small generalization
;)

edit:

But I agree completely, and would gladly join you in the stomping of these cruel assholes!

i know it is completely a stereotype, but i am so mad i am having blurred vision!:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by dv85150fan

is it just me or does that tabloid look like a version of our National Enquirer?

m/

you didn't get to page 3 then? ...:D

The dog story is nuts but it looks as if it's in the Indian ocean so I don't know if the perps are French or natives (or both?). Either way, they are the ones who ought to be shark bait

• Members
Originally posted by AcidRock23

you didn't get to page 3 then? ...
:D

The dog story is nuts but it looks as if it's in the Indian ocean so I don't know if the perps are French or natives (or both?). Either way, they are the ones who ought to be shark bait

if it is true i agree all those fishermen should be sharkbait themselves...:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

The article said it was some island in the Indian ocean (which I assume is French or a protectorate); it is really stupid to spew hatred towards the "French" for this IMO. Obviously its an APALLING act and if its true (which I doubt) I would hope that these people will be punished harshly, but who's to say whether or not these people are able to provide for their families or not? Killing a dog to feed your family makes a lot more sense than a lot of things taking place in Iraq right now. Trophies, anyone?

• Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

Another reason to HATE the French

I would love to go mano-y-mano against any of the worthless, smelly panzies doing this crap. How could anyone be so cruel?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html

edit: i am sorry for the very OT post, but this enrages me!

i cant understand what this has to do with hating french people.

i mean, i hate THE AMERICANS because some moron hates 'the french' because of some doubtful acquisations made by a very aimed-at-non-intelligent-public internet magazine

• Members

The Sun is barely toilet paper, let alone newspaper.

This was reported to be from an Indian Island - nothing to do with the French really.

Yes, it's stupidly cruel, although no more cruel than many things that take place to gather and prepare food in many nations of the world. What it IS doing is jerking emotional strings (oh those POOR puppies)

Anyone here ever livebait?

I guess fish just aren't soft, cuddly and so easy to anthropomorphise (attribute human character to).

• Members

Originally posted by dv85150fan

is it just me or does that tabloid look like a version of our National Enquirer?

m/

Its a real tabloid paper. (Sounds like an oxymoron). A very popular one in the UK and Ireland actually (because of page 3) - Not a piss take one like the National Enquiry so the story is probably true.

• Members
Originally posted by '63-Strat

The article said it was some island in the Indian ocean (which I assume is French or a protectorate); it is really stupid to spew hatred towards the "French" for this IMO. Obviously its an APALLING act and if its true (which I doubt) I would hope that these people will be punished harshly, but who's to say whether or not these people are able to provide for their families or not? Killing a dog to feed your family makes a lot more sense than a lot of things taking place in Iraq right now. Trophies, anyone?

Likewise, it is really stupid to spew hatred for Americans when one high profile American says or does something that goes against your grain. Right? Right? Right????? :o Ah, the double standard.
Just curious as to why you doubt the story to be true? Do you have some inside information to this story, or do you just doubt anything negative that even remotely concerns French people?

• Members
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner

The Sun is barely toilet paper, let alone newspaper.

This was reported to be from an Indian Island - nothing to do with the French really.

Yes, it's stupidly cruel, although no more cruel than many things that take place to gather and prepare food in many nations of the world. What it IS doing is jerking emotional strings (oh those POOR puppies)

Anyone here ever livebait?

I guess fish just aren't soft, cuddly and so easy to anthropomorphise (attribute human character to).

+1 on all counts. Especially on using a tabloid report to justify slandering an entire nation/ethnic group (where the ppractice does not even actually take place).

FWIW, I think it's kind of a novel idea and agree that it's very "metal". :D

Oh I guess I wouldn't do it or condone it but, It's tiresome how heavily people anthropomorphize dogs, in particular. If they taste good and they aren't endangered, eat them. If sharks like to eat them and sharks taste good and neither are endangered use them as bait so you can get sharks to eat.

If they were using Iguanas or badgers or even pigs no one would probably give a {censored}. It'd be in "Ripley's Believe it or Not" instead or some sensationalist tabloid.

Archived