REVERSE SPAM: WTB Used high-gain tube head under $800

doomsdaymachine

• Members
Originally posted by Dimebag11

I say you hold out for a Fireball, it's clearly the best option you have going
:)

I'm not sure I like the mixed reviews. I want a good in-between tone as well. I want to be able to play some blues too. From what I gather, it does metal, and THAT'S IT!

Am I wrong?

• Members
Originally posted by doomsdaymachine

I'm not sure I like the mixed reviews. I want a good in-between tone as well. I want to be able to play some blues too. From what I gather, it does metal, and THAT'S IT!

Am I wrong?

Yea, if you want to do blues etc....the Fireball probably isn't for you then. Not the most versatile amp in the world ;)

I guess for you I'd suggest a DSL50 or XX possibly, the Single Rec is a good choice too...but I'd swap the tubes to some JJ KT88's!

• Members

Yea, if you want to do blues etc....the Fireball probably isn't for you then. Not the most versatile amp in the world
;)

I guess for you I'd suggest a DSL50 or XX possibly, the Single Rec is a good choice too...but I'd swap the tubes to some JJ KT88's!

I'm pretty much set on a 5150, XXX, or Single Rectifier.

• Members

Out of odd curiosity what amp would you be looking at getting, and why ditch the fireball?

Marshall JMP...

I dont know really. I love the sound of the fireball, its great and all, but my original stuff that i come up with is just not metal really. Plus the marshalls seem to do metal very well when boosted.

I dont know I may keep it as a second amp. Im just testing the waters here.

• Members

I highly reccommend the ultra plus as well. Mine is as good as sold, but i know that i will buy one again someday when i have more money to play with. Its been a great head for me and it will be sad to see it go, but on to new things, cant hold onto every piece of gear u have.

Seriously its simply UNBEATABLE for the price. I'd challenge anyone to find a better 120 watt all tube amp for its price. All around its a good amp, and i'll continue to reccommend it long after its gone.

• Members

Hey, I'am selling a Laney GH100 Tony Iommi siganture head. Only 3 months of use never gigged and has just been retubed with JJ 6L6GC in the power amp and ECC83S high gain in the preamp. Its sounds amazing TONS TONS of usable gain and heavy as hell only for $700.00 plus shipping. For pics or more info send PM or e-mail at darkclown66@yahoo.com or carlosjoseesteves@yahoo.com . Thanks :D

Archived