Tranforming European Voltage to US Voltage

~Viper~

• Members

Just got myself a Roland Fantom S off an american ebay'er and the powersupply of course, has an american power outlet (see pic) The back is marked 117V, 17W, 50-60Hz

plug_b.gif

In Norway we have 230v, 50-60hz in our powernetwork with this kind of plug (see pic)

type_c.jpg

Now, what I need to do is to "step down" the voltage from 230v to 110-120v.

The question is, should I buy an regular travel adapter (10$) or a power converter (70$)? I really don't want to take any chances with the synth...I know people in Europe who has bought amps and such in the US should know an answer to this question.

Thanks!

• Members

Just contacted Roland Support and the tech guy was convinced that the powersupply within all Fantom-S's were capable of self adjusting themselves. Of course, he has only experience with european models. Guess I'll be on the safe side and look for a power converter :) I'll drop back with a report later on if I find one today.

• Members

Bought a power converter on Clas Ohlson and so far it works like a charm :) had to cut the wire that came along with the synth and insert it into the converter. The converter had no grounding so I had to leave that wire out.

Archived