laney LC50 II more bass please

keffy

• Members

i know that the newer ones come with el34 tubes, but they used to come with 6l6/5881 tubes.

i don't think that there's a switch (but you have the amp so look). instead, what i think you have to do is you'll have to get it biased for one or the other tube.

but i don't own that amp, so i don't know for sure.

http://www.laney.co.uk/site.htm take a look at the owners manual online (products, lc50ii, then right under the picture is an icon for the manual...which tells it uses 5881/6l6 tubes in it....the website says el34 tho'...which i think is actually what they ship with now)

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by mylzenmylz

oh- i forgot to say...yes. 6l6 tubes will add a little more 'bottom'.

the 'low-input' jack does this too. it is the 'full tone signal path' or whatever. it has less gain, but wider dynamic range.

can you elaborate a bit on this? What is the difference between the Lo and the Hi inputs? I got an LC30II and i use the Lo input, since i think it sounds better than the Hi one.

• Members

Yeah, maybe looking into trying other guitars, something w/2 humbuckers would be a good start. If you want to stay w/ el-34's, I like the jj e34L's in my amp, they give a bit more bottom than regular el-34's.

• Members

Originally posted by math2014

can you elaborate a bit on this? What is the difference between the Lo and the Hi inputs? I got an LC30II and i use the Lo input, since i think it sounds better than the Hi one.

i just took it from the manual...

"connecting your guitar to either "HI" or "LO" input on sound, regardless of the guitar type/pickup configuration.

the "HI" socket offers more gain and extended treble but less BASS. the "LO" socket provides a full range signal with extended BASS but with less GAIN. you should experiment with both...blah...blah...blah...."

6l6's in this amp seem to do the same type of thing. they seem to aid in the bass response...or maybe its better said..."wider dynamic range".

Archived