OT: New EVH Radio interview

cloudnine

• Members

These dudes on 2dorks at some radio station seem to be the only people who have access to him these days

http://www.2dorks.com/junk/vanhalen1003/eddie.mp3

Good news:

Apparently he's working on a new Wolfgang prototype guitar for NAMM (presumably for Charvel?)

He seems in good spirits;

Kid seems to be doing well;

He is in a giving mood;

He has "hundreds of songs";

He took calls from 2 people.

Bad news:

The two fans that got to talk to him asked pretty dumbass questions.

His mom died.

He's still drinking, a lot, at 4 am. Bad, bad bad.

Still no solid plans of any kind.

• Members

Eddie has always been my favorite, but it bums me out that he is still drinking. Ed has always been a little strange, but his speech is slured, and he is not really that coherent. To me he seems worse than he's ever been. My god it's 4:00 am he's hammered and he is calling some radio station in Iowa? I hope he dry's out. For himself and his son and get's back to making some great music.

• Members
Originally posted by Flanger

That's old. I heard it about 2 years ago. And yeah, he was wasted, but he didn't call the show; they called him. They got his number somehow and he was so lonely, he proceeded to talk to them about everything.

Your kidding me? They had the balls to call EVH at 4am? Because of the time of day I thought he called them? :confused:

• Members

Jeez, Eddie sounds like a wreck! like mumbuling and stuff the sound in his voice too. Fat Alcoholic!!

this is makes me sad to hear seriously. Eddie also beat cancer and he still smokes! {censored} man!! some people just never learn.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

These dudes on 2dorks at some radio station seem to be the only people who have access to him these days

Good news:

Apparently he's working on a new Wolfgang prototype guitar for NAMM (presumably for Charvel?)

He seems in good spirits;

Kid seems to be doing well;

He is in a giving mood;

He has "hundreds of songs";

He took calls from 2 people.

Bad news:

The two fans that got to talk to him asked pretty dumbass questions.

His mom died.

He's still drinking, a lot, at 4 am. Bad, bad bad.

Still no solid plans of any kind.

If he is still drinking he will be dead soon. His liver is shot and once he goes into cirrohis (sp) it's all over but the crying.

It's a damn shame. A lot of guys love to cut on Eddie, but was there ever a more spontaneous and genuinely unique guitarist.

Well there was Hendrix.....but name another, with the raw creativity and unique tone of these two giants of the guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by mr.pings

Jeez, Eddie sounds like a wreck! like mumbuling and stuff the sound in his voice too. Fat Alcoholic!!

this is makes me sad to hear seriously. Eddie also beat cancer and he still smokes! {censored} man!! some people just never learn.

Van_Halen_10_-_Chicago_IL_2004_-_lg.6376

He isn't fat, it's exactly the opposite...its actually kind of frightening how skinny he's become...:(

• Members
Originally posted by mr.pings

I agree pings, I can't help but wonder if Ed's depressed. I think he has a compulsive personality, which makes him a great guitar player, but also a alcoholic.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

It's not old - it was yesterday's. They have done a series of them, this is the 5th or 6th.

If it's new, he's repeating himself, because he said basically the same {censored} as you listed in the one I heard 2 years ago.

• Members

Originally posted by gdwill2u

If he is still drinking he will be dead soon. His liver is shot and once he goes into cirrohis (sp) it's all over but the crying.

It's a damn shame. A lot of guys love to cut on Eddie, but was there ever a more spontaneous and genuinely unique guitarist.

So very true dewd... Eddie's drinking and smoking himself a new grave at the rate he seems to be doing. I was hoping him getting over cancer and getting back to playing again in the short VH stint with Sammy would be a good wakeup call for him to try to clean up his habits, especially smoking! The man lost some of his tounge due to smoking/cancer, GEEEEZZZ!!!!

His habits can and will be his demise if he does not clean up. It's such a damn shame and a waste of such a talented man and loved icon of rock, I have honestly lost all hope that he will ever recover from his habits...

Archived