The most versatile amp/Rig Setup?

cre8ivjay

• Members

With so many up and comers looking to play all sorts of music, I thought it'd be a great idea to let everyone (including me) know the most versatile amp/rig set up you ever owned.

What was it? List all components (or useful ones)

Why was it versatile (it was really durable, it did everything, it was great for home practice and gigs.. etc.etc.etc...)

Head/Cab/combo/pedals/rack units?

How much (for major components)?

I would have an opinion on this but in truth, non of my set ups has been all that versatile.

j.

• Members

I love the versatility and tone of my main rig. It's based around a Mesa F-50, which is already extremely versatile and toneful providing fantastic clean and dirty sounds from vintage to modern. Combined with a G-Major FX processor and a custom cable, I can switch both my amp and the FX patch with a single stomp on my Behringer MIDI floor controller.

I'm a huge fan of session maestro Dann Huff, and having access to so many inspiring tones, from funk through jazz and blues, through rock, hard rock and metal consistently puts a smile on my face - especially when I can access great tones at pretty much any volume level. To round things off, take into account three extremely versatile guitars (e.g my Strat has 15 pick up combinations), and I'm seriously thrilled about my rig's versatility. :)

Here it is:
hal9000AndysRigFinalSmall.png

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

The most versitile rig I ever had was Johnson JM60 combo. I played in a cover band for 6 years and this amp could do it all and do it better than anything I've heard on the market these days. It also has direct out so I used it for some recording before my cousin talked me out of it because I didn't gig with it anymore since I have a Genz Benz El Diablo now...I wish I had kept it...

Oh and if you didn't know the JM60 was a 60w 1x12 modeling amp with built in effects...so it was pretty versitile...It's now seen bigger gigs than it ever has before since my cousin recently played to 20,000 in Virginia Beach with it. Who say's you can't play a huge concert with a combo?

Archived