How'd they get that tone?

Tarrant

• Members

I know there's not a lot of Rammstein fans on the board or if there are they remain quiet, but i dusted of Sehnsucht today and gave it another listen. There are a lot of tones on there that I would never use as a main sound as i'm not really into the angry mob of buzzing bee's sound, but a few that would be nice to be able to dial in. The intro from Engel, and the main riff from Buck Dich. Is it just studio magic that is making them cut through and blast like that that?

• Members

They only started playing Engl a while ago, I don't listen to them really but I remember seeing a photo of the guitarist's rig with about 4 or 5 rackmount recto's. They must use boosts or EQs or something cause rectos usually don't sound like that from my experience.

• Members

Well, it's very obvious that there are 30,000 tracks of guitar in every song of their's that I have heard, and it also sounds very processed. The end result is generally pretty nice, but there's clearly a lot of studio work going on to get that sound.

I don't think that you could get away with trying to replace that with one dry track of the same equipment.

Archived