Has anyone seen Serenity yet?

danyeo

• Members

It's the movie that's out now which is based upon the TV series Firefly. It got pulled off the air after 12 episodes but sold well on the DVD release well enough for them to make a movie. I watched some of the TV series and thought it was pretty cool. The movie is getting great review after great review and i keep hearing from Sci-Fi geeks that it's better than the last 3 Star Wars. I'm not partial to the latest Star Wars but many people are. I'm going to see it this weekend.

The TV series was basically about a small crew aboard a ship doing odd jobs or whatever to get by. Hired guns you could say. There is one big alliance that runs things in the Galaxy and these Savages called Reavers who eat people that hunt anything down in the deeper sectors of space. They often speak in Chinese because in the future, English and CHinese are the 2 dominant languages. And most of the worlds they encounter are poor developing Western style frontiers. Pretty different twist rather than 8 eyed aliens who happen to understand any language they might hear.

• Members

I saw the movie and loved it. I must admit that I'm a fan of the tv series. I had a co-worker who kept raving about it so he lent me his dvd set and just as I was feeling that I was hooked on the show, I ran out of new episodes to watch. Damn Fox. They do a good job of bringing you up to speed if you've never watched Firefly while providing new backstory to those who've (like me) seen every episode of the show. I highly recommend. Oh well, I guess I'm one of those geeks now. I will point out that when I saw it, I was without a doubt the coolest :cool: person in the theatre. Not many of my peeps in that crowd. Think Trekkie convention types.

Archived