Jump to content

Recto-Verb Lounge Comin share ur Experiences and secrets!


hatata

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Re-tubed?, Settings?, Clips?, Pics? give us all of your expereinces with this great amp!

 

I have got a Series II Combo with the stock Mesa's and i think it sounds great especially with the output knob cranked ast low volumes and the master kept down. I fnd that as the volume changes with this up the eq has o be reset dramatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm not a Boogie fan at all, but would consider owning a Rectoverb out of all boogies because the cleans are supposed to be better. If it has a powerfull tremelo, that would be cool too. I had a fender 100 watt with a tremelo that would shake the floor it was so powerfull.:cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by Rich

I'm not a Boogie fan at all, but would consider owning a Rectoverb out of all boogies because the cleans are supposed to be better. If it has a powerfull tremelo, that would be cool too. I had a fender 100 watt with a tremelo that would shake the floor it was so powerfull.
:cool:



To get the tremelo you have to buy a Tremoverb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by brightflame

Rectoverb II stock mesa tubes.



Settings :

Treble : 2:00

Medium : 3:00

Bass : 11:30 /12:00

Gain : 2:00

presence : 3:00

Volume : 9:00

Channel red modern


Guitar Washburn N2 - Nuno Bettencourt


KILLER SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING COMPARE

 

 

Holy crap....what cabinet? That has to sound trebly as hell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Awesome amps, record/play beautifully. I have owned over 15 hi gain amps and this is my favriote and a keeper.... the cleans are better than the other mesas I have owned too.... I will post some pics and clips in the next couple of days.

Here is what I had last month, then I sold one head and the 2x12 cab to my lead guitarist in my band....

mesaandguitars.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by Rich

I'm not a Boogie fan at all, but would consider owning a Rectoverb out of all boogies because the cleans are supposed to be better. If it has a powerfull tremelo, that would be cool too. I had a fender 100 watt with a tremelo that would shake the floor it was so powerfull.
:cool:



Wouldn't the Single Recto have the same cleans, though, just without reverb? I haven't played a Single but I've played a couple of Rectoverb combos and I liked the cleans a lot, though the on the second one I played I wasn't as hot on the overdrive as I originally thought. Maybe it needed a retube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by JKD



Holy crap....what cabinet? That has to sound trebly as hell!

 

 

Are you jokin ?

You have bass and bottom end to destroy walls !!!

Recto modern channel has thunderous bass on his own.

 

Rectoverb combo has 90 watt celection speaker, and bass is great.

Anyway I use it live with a Marshall cab (1982) four celestion 320w total power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Members

OK after 8 weeks, it finally arrived. I have the combo version.

The thing is simply amazing. I've had it since thursday and probably only scratched the surface of what its got, but OMG. This is easily worth the wait and the $$$.

Biggest surprise for me is how cool the clean channel is! Clean , clean, is addictive for doing chordy things, like for me, some reggae - ish strums. The pushed is unbelievable. I had no idea it could get that such a dirty sound on that channel. Great rythym sound and I could see doing leads on it too.

Raw - this so far is my favorite for leads. I back off the treble say 9:00 and put up the presence to maybe 2:00 and gain also around 2:00. When I use my Hamer studio on the neck p/u with its volume all the way up and tone all the way down - WOW this is the woman tone!

Vintage is phenominal. Question for y'all. If I leave my guitar set like I described before, and try to play rhythym, lets say G power chords it seems too much to handle. Kind of gets a little muddy (but less so than any other amp I ever played), even though leads with the guitar this way are fine. It seems to like it alot better if I go the the bridge p/u and put the highs back into the guitars tone. I play mostly rhythym in my band and think this mode will be a staple. Is that how most handle it?

Then is Modern. If this amp didn't have modern, it would still be friggin amazing. But it does, and it is sooooooo cool.

Another big surprise for me is that it even sounds good at bedroom levels. I mean really good!

Its hard to believe that its "only" a 1x12. The feel of it is more like a 4x12. I don't know how to describe it, but its sounds so full and rich. It does that chunk-a thing to perfection.

OK,y'all already know this stuff but it is one amazing amp.

Love to hear more settings you folks use especially when playing gigs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yeah- for gainy rhythm tones use the bridge pup for this amp or it will mud up.

I run a Ge-7 in front as a boost and a basscut/mid boost.

Im thinking about buying another Mesa 1x12 3/4 back cab to put under it for some more sound coverage.

Sounds huge regardless- I have the combo.

Great amp- real versatile- but I haven't found a tone for Modern mode- I never mess with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yeah even with that bridge pup, I find it amazing how thick it sounds. Now I'm trying to learn how I like to tweak the sound for different stuff. I'll be bringing it to band practice tonite, it will be interesting to see how it goes in a small room with drums, bass and another guitar - plus it will probably be turned up louder than it has so far.

I have the combo too and think they did such a great job with that 3/4 backing on there. Tonite, I'll also plug it into a 4x12 just for kicks. Makes me real glad I went the combo route, because I was close to doing a head and cab. Post if you do get that 1x12.

I hear ya on the modern. I do like it, but my current band isn't doing much thats quite that heavy. I'm also having so much fun with the other 4 modes, that I haven't spent alot of time with it. I did find its better with the mids way down. I'll post if I hit something I like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by stevetree

Yeah even with that bridge pup, I find it amazing how thick it sounds. Now I'm trying to learn how I like to tweak the sound for different stuff. I'll be bringing it to band practice tonite, it will be interesting to see how it goes in a small room with drums, bass and another guitar - plus it will probably be turned up louder than it has so far.


I have the combo too and think they did such a great job with that 3/4 backing on there. Tonite, I'll also plug it into a 4x12 just for kicks. Makes me real glad I went the combo route, because I was close to doing a head and cab. Post if you do get that 1x12.


I hear ya on the modern. I do like it, but my current band isn't doing much thats quite that heavy. I'm also having so much fun with the other 4 modes, that I haven't spent alot of time with it. I did find its better with the mids way down. I'll post if I hit something I like.

 

 

I bought a ROV combo a few weeks ago. I have enjoyed it so much I found a matching minty 3/4 back cab on ebay and bought it. It should be here tomorrow. I have heard from several people the 1x12 cab sounds much better than the 2x12 cab with the same dimensions.

 

The guy is sending me a 112 cab and it weighs 62lbs:eek:

 

That is some serious ass lumber for a 112 cab, but it is almost 27" wide.

 

I will try and post my findings vs running it out to others cabs I own. I am so busy with work right now that jammin' time is getting sucked up:(

 

EDIT: BTW, the ROV combo is the only combo I have ever owned I truely liked the sound of. It is not boxy and directional at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...