CLIP: Roccaforte HG100 teaser

BrentSP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SQUAREHEAD

I can't hear it for another hr when I get home, Brent!!

Ok... how much gain does this sucker have?

Compared to the Bogner Xtcy? Which channel would you say is clsest in gain? Boost...with / without?

Keith:)

I'd say closer to the blue channel in gain but remember Dougs 2nd preamp has 30% more gain and that may be closer to the red channel. It has more than enough gain for me. The Rocca Bastard boost just slams this thing to kindom come. Very nice.

The more I listen the less I like this clip. The GH30s are not really impressing me at all.

• Members

Originally posted by yngzaklynch

Sounded great! Like a really gainy Plexi.

So which amp dude????? The Aiken or the Rocca? Which one ya keeping?

wtf are you talking about willis ;)

I'm keeping both was planning on it from day one.........unless I totally didn't like one of them.

• Members

I'm not sure which I like best but I know that GH30s are really sucky for recording when they are brand new. :mad:

edit: Just got another package from fedex........finally got some more speakers to load. Its like christmas over here. Bastard pedal, Rocca, Aiken, speakers whooo hooo.

• Members
Originally posted by BrentSP

edit: Just got another package from fedex........finally got some more speakers to load. Its like christmas over here. Bastard pedal, Rocca, Aiken, speakers whooo hooo.

I'm so freakin jelous.:(:D

• Members

Originally posted by Rich

It was really fizzy and lacking in articulation to my ears. But if that's your thing, it does it well.

You must have just clicked on the link without reading.......

ok the same thing with my Aiken clip the GH30s are kinda round but fizzy for some reason

• Members

Originally posted by Mikko Vainiala

Thanks man for these both clips - HG100 and Sabre! That HG seems to love pedals and the Sabre doesn't seem to need any...have you looked inside, I'm guessing both amps have 4 gain stages, but the Sabre has cf driven tonestack?

Ok, cheers for all upcoming new teasers!
:cool:

Your exactly right.

• Members

Your exactly right.

If you need some more gain and articulation out of the Roc without loosing any bottom end- try an OCD pedal with that beast!

I was just jamming with mine and that pedal just kills with the HG100. No loss of clarity or the boxiness you get with a ts9 or FDII.

Another thing, try a P90 with the Roc, gain at only about 9:00 and cranked as much as you can stand it- that is some glorious tone!

BTW, are you playing in a band right now, Brent?

• Members

Sounds good Brent, you need to get a iso cab quick and start breaking in some speakers now :)

I am not going to weigh in with which I like better, I agree the speakers need to be broken in. With what I have to use here I like the Sabre's voicing more, but I am sure both are awesome.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Sounds good Brent, you need to get a iso cab quick and start breaking in some speakers now
:)

I am not going to weigh in with which I like better, I agree the speakers need to be broken in. With what I have to use here I like the Sabre's voicing more, but I am sure both are awesome.

Installing speakers as I type this :D I have to quit playing the Rocca on that 212 or else I'm going to toast those GH30s. :eek:

Archived