Deathmetal appreciation

cincy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by cincy

Heard the name cryptopsy but have not heard the music.....yet.

Are they a blastbeat type band ?

Yes, but with many breakdowns. Check out none so vile, or the live cd; none so live. Awesome band. Oh yeah, what about some Hate Eternal? Erik Rutan is nasty as hell.

• Members

Originally posted by Hotcakes

Polish metal is where it's at. Definately the new Florida as far as death metal goes.

Last time I went to Poland, I came home with about 40 CD's of random death metal bands. Some are really good, like Hate, and Dies Irae and some are really bad.

• Members

I'm mostly a fan of older, European-sounding stuff:

Carcass "Symphonies of Sickness"

Carcass "Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious"

Entombed "Left Hand Path"

Autopsy "Mental Funeral"

Dismember "Like an Everflowing Stream"

Carnage "Dark Recollections"

But I like some other stuff:

Cryptopsy "None So Vile"

Vehemence "God Was Created"

Death "Human"

Incantation "Diabolical Conquest"

Etc

• Members

I cant seem to come up with anything that nobody's posted already, 'cept maybe Nocturnus.....not new by any means....but highly unnoticed, and highly talented!

BTW.....Nile = some of the absolute BEST DM out right now! I knew of these guys for years, but only just heard In There Darkened Shrines about a year ago, and have been a huge fan ever since. I need to see them live.

Hate Eternal is killer too....I need to get some more of there stuff

• Members

Originally posted by superpoo

any suffocation fans in the house? m/:mad: m/

Straight up....best death metal band there is. They were ahead of their time when they put out "Effigy..." and "Despise the Sun" was (and is) unbelievable. Glad to see them back together getting the props they finally deserve. We're seeing them a week from Saturday in Portland. They should kill as usual.

As for the original poster, there are a lot of good bands being suggested here....a few others: Misery Index, Dying Fetus, Infestdead, Bloodbath.

The old standbys still put out good material as well: Deicide, Obituary......props to Malevolent Creation who has NOT STOPPED putting out amazing material since they started in the early 90's. Talk about a crew of guys who plays, not for money or fame, but because they {censored}ING LOVE playing death metal. They tear it up live....their last release "Warkult" is great.

Archived