G12H30 vs Vintage 30 comparison clip

scottosan

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

The H30 sounds a million times better to me.

Dude, you have an H30 cab dont you?

Can you sometime (whenever convenient) make some clips of one of those nice Mark amps doing some metal rythyms through that speaker? I'd love to hear how it handles that.

• Members

Originally posted by scottosan

Thanks for listening. I have a Bad Cat 4x12 with Vintage 30's and H30's in an X-pattern. I got the cab used, so I'm sure they are well broken in.

What values are you using in Rk1 and 2? Like 1uf/2.8k or .68uf/820k etc.?

• Members

I've had G12H30's and V30's in an X-Pattern in my Bogner for a while now. However... since I have yet to put a mic on the V30's since I have had the cab (after listening to both on many, many sessions)... I am going to put all G12H30's in this cab. Anyone want to buy some V30's???

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Sick Michael

Dude, you have an H30 cab dont you?

Can you sometime (whenever convenient) make some clips of one of those nice Mark amps doing some metal rythyms through that speaker? I'd love to hear how it handles that.

No, Gainfreak has an H30. And getting him to do a clip would be like spotting the Loch Ness Monster.:D

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Wow, never heard a direct comparison between those two before.....nice work Brent!!

I have to say that I understand why people tend to like the G12H30's better now......my next cab should have these:)

I have to agree in that clip I like the H30 better. There's another thread floating around somewhere with a similar comparisons of the H30, V30, greenback, and a classic 80. In those clips, the H30 was the worst by far, it was surprising. Most people (including me) liked the greenback or V30.

The odd thing with the clip in this thread is that the V30 sounded scooped, which is the exact opposite of how most people characterize the V30. I expected alot more midrange.

• Members

Originally posted by MoreCowbell

I have to agree in that clip I like the H30 better. There's another thread floating around somewhere with a similar comparisons of the H30, V30, greenback, and a classic 80. In those clips, the H30 was the worst by far, it was surprising. Most people (including me) liked the greenback or V30.

The odd thing with the clip in this thread is that the V30 sounded scooped, which is the exact opposite of how most people characterize the V30. I expected alot more midrange.

Here ya go http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1042258&highlight=speaker+comparison

The GH30 was in my bogner 2x12 cab the others where in a 4x12.

Classic Lead 80

G12H30

Greenback

Vintage 30

• Members

Originally posted by MoreCowbell

I didn't hear scooped so much as nasally sounding.

• Members
Originally posted by Negative K3 fan

my thoughts exactly!

the v30 sounds kind of like a scoopish buzzy mess.

Out of all fairness, I miced them the same, but no necessarily like I normal would. I have both dead center, but I usually am slightly offset when I mic the Vintage 30 kinda like the very edge of the voice coil rather than dead center.

Archived