playing again, buy amp or modeller?

aureus

• Members

I stopped playing for about 2 years, sold most of my amps but kept a few guitars. Now I live in an apartment where sound easily transmits through the walls, especially since I choose to play late at night. Anyway I'm looking for advice on any small practice amps with built-in effects or an amp modeller of some kind. Only things I ask for are versatility and a modest price (say below $200, lower is better though). I'll probably use the 70's marshall, vox ac 30, blackface amp effects with only reverb. I am prone to turning amps louder and louder so I prefer something for headphones.

I've heard good things about the Vox valvetronix 15/30 watts, something about PODs... but I really am not up to date with what's good now.

My gear right now is a Tokai love rock, and a Rickenbacker 1997spc vintage reissue (like the Pete Townshend model). Also have a tubescreamer.

THX

• Members

While both the POD and the Vox AD15VT are good choices, I bought the Vox. It can be taken to jams, or mic'd live, has enough effects and sounds to do the job well and is only $179.
That ain't bad!

Stephen

Archived