OT: Design/graphics guys...how the hell do I make a logo?

guitarded_1

• Members

Alright, so I'm a total newbie at this. I want to create a myspace page for a project I'm working on. I need to upload some sort of logo (band name) for the page...nothing fancy. It just needs to be a straight up font and I would suppose that I need to save it as a jpeg or gif so I can upload it. How do I do this quickly, easily and free? All help is appreciated.

• Members

First thing to do is browse for a free font: www.1001fonts.com

Once you choose the font you want, you'll need the size constraints of the logo.

Then, if you don't have image editing software this one is good and free: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/default.asp

It's actually easier to do this kind of design in a vector program like Illustrator or PowerPoint, so send me an email if you want more help (sig).

• Members
Originally posted by hal9000

First thing to do is browse for a free font:
www.1001fonts.com

Once you choose the font you want, you'll need the size constraints of the logo.

Then, if you don't have image editing software this one is good and free:
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/default.asp

It's actually easier to do this kind of design in a vector program like Illustrator or PowerPoint, so send me an email if you want more help (sig).

I'll start sorting through it. Thanks so much.

• Members

1001fonts is a good place to look for fonts

acidfonts.com has some good ones too

if you have bearshare or some P2P program, try to find adobe photoshopCS or Adobe Illustrator CS. if you really want versatility when creating the logo, and you dont have any experience...go with photoshop. i wouldnt suggest illustrator unless you knew how to ulitize the tools correctly.

• Members
Originally posted by CTBMETAL

i was just looking at the stuff in your sig. that some nice illustrator work there. great program.

check out some of my photoshop/illustrator stuff

www.str8edgemurdario.deviantart.com

Thanks man. :)

Actually, the only Illustrator stuff is "Metal Band Logo" and "Band Logo," everything else is PowerPoint.

I like your work, especially the really grungy hand drawn looking stuff. It's very organic. Have you thought about art as a career?

• Members

Thanks man.
:)

Actually, the only Illustrator stuff is "Metal Band Logo" and "Band Logo," everything else is PowerPoint.

I like your work, especially the really grungy hand drawn looking stuff. It's very organic. Have you thought about art as a career?

definatly. im going to school for multimedia technology right now. looking to get into doing design and multimedia work for the music industry..record labels bands..etc..

so the rest of that stuff was done with power point? man im not familier with powerpoint how did you make those rig setups?

• Members
Originally posted by CTBMETAL

definatly. im going to school for multimedia technology right now. looking to get into doing design and multimedia work for the music industry..record labels bands..etc..

so the rest of that stuff was done with power point? man im not familier with powerpoint how did you make those rig setups?

Basically, PP is like Illustrator in that it's vector based. So, I just make a model of each piece and eventually arrange them into what you see. I wouldn't suggest messing with PP though, because Illustrator is much more powerful. I just got good at using PP for work.

One plus for PP is lots of people have the program and I like to generate a front panel for an amp. Then, you can move the controls around to share settings, like for the F-series in my sig. Here's a Blackmore front panel I did a while back for Mega in PP.

Megadeth7684-SouthofHeavenSettingsR.jpg

• Members

Basically, PP is like Illustrator in that it's vector based. So, I just make a model of each piece and eventually arrange them into what you see. I wouldn't suggest messing with PP though, because Illustrator is much more powerful. I just got good at using PP for work.

One plus for PP is lots of people have the program and I like to generate a front panel for an amp. Then, you can move the controls around to share settings, like for the F-series in my sig. Here's a Blackmore front panel I did a while back for Mega in PP.

Megadeth7684-SouthofHeavenSettingsR.jpg

right on. thanks for that man. always good to share information you know.

Archived