Which is your favorite Diezel?

argonaut4

• Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

Einstein for me..

Although i love all Diezel amps...

The VH4 is very close behind the Einstein for my taste..

Also i really like the herbert..but it's a bit too raw for my taste..

Alex

Alex,

What is it about the Einstein that makes it your favorite? Olaf suggested the Einstein to me, also.

Thanks,

J

• Members

Originally posted by argonaut4

Alex,

What is it about the Einstein that makes it your favorite? Olaf suggested the Einstein to me, also.

Thanks,

J

ok..

i used to have 2 VH4s..thats my favourite tone in an amp...

i guess the Einstein is more close to the VH4 than the herbert and has what i would call improvements to the tone in some fields that i was kinda asking from my VH4s..

so..its a little more open sounding,less compressed,has more bite,chunk or whetever it is called..the crunch channel is also highly improved..the cleans are more bright and punchy and the solo channel (ch.2) is more fat sounding and less compressed..

as i said it's close to VH4 but "breaths" a bit more..and i love that..

plus the price is way cool...

cheers,

Alex

• Members

Originally posted by Alex Flouros

ok..

i used to have 2 VH4s..thats my favourite tone in an amp...

i guess the Einstein is more close to the VH4 than the herbert and has what i would call improvements to the tone in some fields that i was kinda asking from my VH4s..

so..its a little more open sounding,less compressed,has more bite,chunk or whetever it is called..the crunch channel is also highly improved..the cleans are more bright and punchy and the solo channel (ch.2) is more fat sounding and less compressed..

as i said it's close to VH4 but "breaths" a bit more..and i love that..

plus the price is way cool...

cheers,

Alex

Thanks, man. That's extremely helpful. I have a diezel 412R delivering on Monday. I'm thinking I need something to set upon it.;)

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

My time on the Einstein was limited but I really liked it. I loved every Channel of the Herbert and some day, I will have one

The VH4 was my least favorite though I have enjoyed playing it..

As always, it's interesting to hear the differences in opinions. It's between Herbert and Einstein for me. In fact, I'll go as far to say that there's a 90% chance I'll order one or the other next week.

Of course, I'll have it shipped to my office and bring it home under the cover of darkness. I've been bringing home way too much stuff lately for my wife not to get curious.;):D

• Members

As always, it's interesting to hear the differences in opinions. It's between Herbert and Einstein for me. In fact, I'll go as far to say that there's a 90% chance I'll order one or the other next week.

Of course, I'll have it shipped to my office and bring it home under the cover of darkness. I've been bringing home way too much stuff lately for my wife not to get curious.
;):D

BTW, according to your Sig, I suck!!!:(

• Members

BTW, according to your Sig, I suck!!!
:(

:( You have stiffled me! :( You have hurt me! :( You have bullied my victim! :*(.....

Wait that last one didn't sound right.

:D

Take Care

EDIT: Oh, wait I'm supposed to keep silent. DOH!

• Members

BTW, according to your Sig, I suck!!!
:(

LOL, you far from suck my friend! I was having a grumpy moment when I wrote that and then forgot about it. My sigs are turned off and I can't even see my own. How's this for a change?:D

• Members

LOL, you far from suck my friend! I was having a grumpy moment when I wrote that and then forgot about it. My sigs are turned off and I can't even see my own. How's this for a change?

I think the first Sig was alot more Accurate than the new one!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Hi Jason - here are the votes of the kraut jury :D

- do you scoop your mids? Herbert

- do you prefer more classical stuff? Einstein

- do you gig often and don`t need ultra heavy sounds? VH4

- do you want to expand your rig with a preamp? Herbert

- is your back already broken? Einstein

As you know, I have an Einstein and a Herbert, played a VH4 for 2 years. All of them are killer. Now I`m using Herbie with the band, Einstein at home and miss the VH4 :D:D:D I want them all.

• Members

Haha, thanks Olaf.

I don't scoop my mids, nor do I need to expand with an additional preamp (though, that is a nice option). But I do like the power options of the Herbert, three channels, and MIDI. However, Einstein is appealing more and more to me with its different modes. Especially if they can be modded to be footswitchable. And, I could always use my GCX for switching. LOL, there could be much worse predicaments!

• Members

I am torn between them all :)

The Herbert is cery cool for lead

The VH4 channel 3 is my fav tone out of them all - but I don't really need 4 channels (I'm also not fussed on the look of it)

The Einstein seems to be just what I need - 2 channels, 2 masters and a drive tone that is superb

I'd quite like all 3 of them :)

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

I am torn between them all
:)

The Herbert is cery cool for lead

The VH4 channel 3 is my fav tone out of them all - but I don't really need 4 channels (I'm also not fussed on the look of it)

The Einstein seems to be just what I need - 2 channels, 2 masters and a drive tone that is superb

I'd quite like all 3 of them
:)

We're in the same boat. :) According to the poll, it looks all three are pretty close in popularity.

• Members

I consider myself very lucky in that I have had the good fortune to play all three at both quiet levels and some at full tilt and then some!!!

I have to say all are unbelievable amps to play so it really comes down to what fits your style the best. I plat mostly rock music not metal and I found that for my style the Herbert was the best fit.

I found the VH4 the hardest out of the 3 to get the sound that makes you go "ah ha there it is......."

I found the Herbert very easy to dial in (although I did have a helping hand from the amps creator himself:D )

So for me in order of preference it would be Herbert, Einstein then VH4.

Of course I'd take any of them in a heart beat :p

Archived