Is there any way to tame the Rectifier's harsh-ness for leads?

Josh Savoy

• Members

Originally posted by xiwiwix

Josh, do you have a 2 or 3 Ch?

Take Care

I had a two channel back in the day, but this bugged me. Of course, back in the day my tonal needs were different and I didn't know much about gear.

I was wondering if some sort of boost would tighten and liquify.

• Members
Originally posted by Josh Savoy

I had a two channel back in the day, but this bugged me. Of course, back in the day my tonal needs were different and I didn't know much about gear.

I was wondering if some sort of boost would tighten and liquify.

:(

I'm slow.

That means 3 Ch, right?

Take Care

• Members

Rythym wise I love the recto tone, but I like my leads liquid-y. Any way to do this? I was thinking about the Uberschall, but I'm torn.

What mode are you using? I used ch2 of my 3 channel in vintage mode and thought the lead sound was good.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

What mode are you using? I used ch2 of my 3 channel in vintage mode and thought the lead sound was good.

Well its been a while. I had a 93 two channel I believe... maybe 94? The lead tones were always buzzy. This was like two-three years ago.

• Members

Well its been a while. I had a 93 two channel I believe... maybe 94? The lead tones were always buzzy. This was like two-three years ago.

In modern mode I found the recto to be a buzz box, but vintage was pretty smooth, IMO. I think I still have a tune up at my site with the recto. If you're interested, see if Hookey is there still, that's the recto. The leads after the break are Univalve, but everything up to that is recto.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

In modern mode I found the recto to be a buzz box, but vintage was pretty smooth, IMO. I think I still have a tune up at my site with the recto. If you're interested, see if Hookey is there still, that's the recto. The leads after the break are Univalve, but everything up to that is recto.

Thats nice. A bit bright though. Can you get darker lead tones?

• Members

channel 2 vintage mode
spongy, with one pair of SED EL-34's, S.S. rectifier

bass: 10:00
mids: 12:00
Pressence: turned off, no pressence
treble: 3:00
gain: 3:00 to maxed depends what you are shootin for

smooth, non-buzzy, and definatly not bright, with plenty of sustain.

• Members

Originally posted by dissonance

Get a box for solos? Also I prefer EL34's in mine.

Yeah, I had 6L6s in mine. I'm thinking the EL34's would be a totally different beast, and possibly a nice clean boost or a crispy creme or something would definately shout some nice tone at me.

• Members

I wish there was an amp with the Uber lead and the Recto rythym.
:(

I think for leads there are a lot better heads out there than the uber imho of course. Now for rythm work that thing is a monster but I found the lead tone a little thin. Now the Shiva is one hell of a lead machine!

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

I think for leads there are a lot better heads out there than the uber imho of course. Now for rythm work that thing is a monster but I found the lead tone a little thin. Now the Shiva is one hell of a lead machine!

That's funny, because I always liked the Uber for leads over the Shiva. I love the Shiva, but it doesn't saturate like I want it to.

Archived