OT: Anyone getting UFC 55 tonight?

dissonance

• Members

Boxing is horrible in comparison. This card isn't that good and I don't have a buddy to split the PPV with tonight. UFC 56 and the next Pride are going to be the barnburners. You never know, sometimes the mediocre cards have some good fights on them.

• Members

I'm not ordering this one, the card is kinda lackluster. I did order the last pride FC though, and that was incredible...

The problem with the UFC is that they pay their fighters peanuts compared to pride, so most of the really good fighters go where the money is, meaning pride. UFC only has a few good guys in each weight class...very shallow talent pool, if you ask me. From UFC I like Arlovski, Hughes, Franklin, Tanner, and Crow...Babalu, Liddell and randy are also good, although randy will probably retire soon, and I'm not an iceman fan.

• Members

Yeah guys, the next Pride is going to be incredible like most of them are. I love seeing Kharitonov fight and he seems like the next to probably get Fedor if he wins. Cro Cop and Barnett also, Silva/Arona rematch. Does it get any better than this?
I am really excited for Hughes/St. Pierre at 56 though. The belt is coming north.

• Members

Originally posted by presa_tito

Yeah guys, the next Pride is going to be incredible like most of them are. I love seeing Kharitonov fight and he seems like the next to probably get Fedor if he wins. Cro Cop and Barnett also, Silva/Arona rematch. Does it get any better than this?

I am really excited for Hughes/St. Pierre at 56 though. The belt is coming north.

Yeah, the heavyweight GP should be awesome this year, and I'm looking forward to Hughes/St. Pierre too. I think hughes will take it...

Did anyone hear about the Arlovski/Buentello fight that just went down at UFC 55? Apparently Arlovski ended it in about 15 seconds with one punch...when will he move to pride so he can test him self against quality fighters, not B+ competition like buentello?

• Members

Originally posted by Osmosis

Yeah, the heavyweight GP should be awesome this year, and I'm looking forward to Hughes/St. Pierre too. I think hughes will take it...

Did anyone hear about the Arlovski/Buentello fight that just went down at UFC 55? Apparently Arlovski ended it in about 15 seconds with one punch...when will he move to pride so he can test him self against quality fighters, not B+ competition like buentello?

Yeah the crowd started chanting bull{censored} after the ref stopped it. It happened so fast. It was funny to hear them chanting it and then the replay starts and they all simultaneously stop. Arlovski tagged him with a fast right on the chin, ducked his punch, and then Buentello just fell on him.

• Members

i didn't get that last night so i could get Corrales v Castillo II tonight. if you haven't seen their first fight, BELIEVE me, you need to. one of the best boxing matches of all time, easily. it's better than Ward - Gatti I, and that's saying something. hell, even Bert Sugar rates it as the 7th best fight of all time.

Archived