Celestion G12H30. What a speaker!

Steve Drojo

• Members

This friend of mine had a couple Celestions from Avatar. This is for a Peavey Ultra 112 combo. First I tried the Classic Lead 80 and that was pretty nice. Then I swapped that for a G12H-30 yesterday and man, what a difference!:)

I talked to about 3 other people that put that speaker in a 50 or 60 watt combo amp and they haven't blown theirs yet! I've only had it up to 4-5 on the master. But it sounds real good clean and super chunky on the ultra channel. Very thick and woody type of tone.(think 70s or 80s rock)

I see what you guys are talking about now!:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by anti-flag193

sounds great! what amp is that?

thanks, it is actually a selection of these:
familyjewels.jpg

starts off with an ENGL powerball, then some of the red superbass, then supertrem & 2204, back to red superbass, then an amp battle with 2205 first then 2204 alternating :)

• Members
Originally posted by anti-flag193

hah, that's a great lead tone you got there. Awesome playing as well.

thanks, it was me and my friend who recorded that clip - I particularly like the battle at the end - I am the 2205 and he is the 2204, I think mine comes first :)

• Members

Originally posted by tweed

How did you get it for 45?

Someone in the Recycler bought a bunch from Avatar and was selling them at $45 each. I just picked the G12H because I know that's like a $100-120 speaker! Played loud yesterday and haven't blown it yet. If I'm in a high volume situation, I usually unplug the internal speaker and plug into a 412 cab anyway.

Archived