Amp Techs SHould Pay If They Use HC Forums To Get Customers

Johnny Z

• Members

I think they should pay something to HC for the customers they get from the forum. They are making money, from this forum selling their parts and services. If they were to take out an advertisement in a magizine it would cost way more. The legitmate ones shouldn't mind, it's a tax write off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the amp techs around here are totally beneficiary. With all their FREE advice they give out here daily. And its nice having someone you can PM and ask for advice. Making them PAY to use this forum is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in awhile. Who cares if they sell their stuff on this site? You want to make DerekB pay for being one of the best places in the US to find ENGL Amps? You want to make Trace and Jerry for doing their great mods to amps for all of us? :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny Z

I think they should pay something to HC for the customers they get from the forum. They are making money, from this forum selling their parts and services. If they were to take out an advertisement in a magizine it would cost way more. The legitmate ones shouldn't mind, it's a tax write off.

Are you still here? Shouldn't you be in your kitchen, shutting your pie hole?

• Members
Originally posted by clay_finley

Would you like to run off most of the people that add real value to this forum? Who would be left??? I don't think you're talking about rich people here.
:rolleyes:

Exactly, its not like these guys are rolling in dough and preying on hapless forum GAS heads to feed thier BMW/Ferrari habits.

If it werent for some of these guys, I wouldnt even know how to bias an amp.

Like I learned in marketing, be an educator and a provider of FREE valuable information and most of the time people will reciprocate and use your services. Sometimes not but I see nothing wrong with the concept.:)

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

what about the free advice they readily give out on the forum????

Yep. And what if someone gets people to come to their gigs or maybe buying their discs based on talking about it here? I don't think being charged for any of that's a good idea.

Archived