Haste the Day/It Dies Today/Everytime I Die show review/gear report

Rai168

• Members

Alright went to See this package tour in New Haven CT at Toad's Place. {censored}ing cool. I'll try and reiterate the show details best I can - just a basic review/summary/gear report.

First up Haste the Day. Right off from the get go amazing stage performance and pristine sound. I mean you can feel the {censored} in your chest. Great tempo, Drummer hits a mean pocket. Gear wise. Get this - Krankenstein. Didn't see what the other gtr player was using. Think the guy w the Krank (he said his name was Jason) was running an EQ in it. He said he was coming from using a JCM 900 cause it kpt blowing fuses. Awesome job and sound. Very impressed.

It Dies Today - 2 Rectifiers w Cabs that said Basson. I'm poor and try not to gas over much gear. I rock my VHT Modded UL and VooDoo Amps cab and try to just run w that. But anyhow. There mids were ultra scooped. Couldn't really hear the gtrs. Low in the mix. Bass was too high. Pretty good stage performance. Sound great on cd, ok like mainly cause the signers singing voice kept going out and he couldn't hit his high notes. It just kept getting worse and was really out of key. Was doing the whole hand the Mic to the crowd thing. Not bad.

Next up - one of my favorites. Everytime I Die. Now I've been talking w my VHT rep about the Deliverance or D120. So far the guys in Unearth are running them and Page Hamilton from Helmet is running them. Well add Andy from ETID as well. Their amp cases were behind their cabs (4 each side - Avatars on Andy's side, Marshalls on Jordan's side) His tone was {censored}ing balls on. I was so impressed. I'm biased but man it's been a long ass time since I got excited about a show...Just what my playing rut needed =) In other VHT subject, there's new VHT clips on my bands My Space page. Rock on.

Rai //

www.FarewellRadiance.com

www.MySpace.com/FarewellRadiance

• Members

yeah, last time I saw ETID was a month ago and the lumberjack guitarist was using his les paul through a 2203 (it was behind his cabs so I couldn't see too well) there might have been some other stuff in the rack case. He has the 2203 running through two avatar cabs. Man his tone was {censored}ing great. The other guy was using two 1960 cabs and that's all I could see of his setup. His tone was good too but not as good as the other guy. I never heard haste the day before until right now because they're on headbangers ball. We(my safe haven) played with them once, here's a link to the pics http://www.thehvscene.com/gallery/index.php?cat=4

• Members

hmm IDT scooping their mids? My band has played with them and Mike (guitarist) is a personal friend of mine. Ive never seen him scoop his mids. He runs them pretty high as far as I know, that in conjuction with a tube screamer set with the tone pretty high which adds some mids too.

Ahh, come to think of it.......was Mike playing with them or this other fill in kid. If it wasnt Mike and the fill in yes, that scoops the hell out of his rig. He plays in another local band around here and fills in occasionally. Mike has been sick so it might have been him. If it wasnt for school thatd be me filling in for them (and I dont scoop my mids), damn education!

erik.

• Members

{censored} i love these bands but i gotta say a lot of these new bands coming out have names that are way too similar you cant keep track of them....that aside It Dies Today has mids pretty high on Caitliff Choir, it was scooped on their first but you'd think they'd kinda keep their studio setup...they're a rad band too bad the singer couldn't handle his {censored} live seems like thats common theme goin around these days....ie deftones, avenged sevenfold, the list goes on....wicked bands but they record unreal stuff in the studio that's hard to reproduce

• Members

You know what? That hadn't even occurred to me - the cd thing - the mids are so damn high it almost annoys me. Must've been their sound guy. All I gotta say is the FOH for Toad's did an amazing job on Haste the Day. I was beside myself at how good it sounded and felt....As for the vox - I know what you are saying, but I don't think the IDT melodies are hard to pull off. Can't speak for his technique and if your technique is not up to snuff and you consistently do something to "hurt" your voice on tour it's only going to get {censored}ed...or FuXX0rd as my Lite Speak friends say haha

Rai //

www.FarewellRadiance.com

Originally posted by hail and kill

hmm IDT scooping their mids? My band has played with them and Mike (guitarist) is a personal friend of mine. Ive never seen him scoop his mids. He runs them pretty high as far as I know, that in conjuction with a tube screamer set with the tone pretty high which adds some mids too.

Ahh, come to think of it.......was Mike playing with them or this other fill in kid. If it wasnt Mike and the fill in yes, that scoops the hell out of his rig. He plays in another local band around here and fills in occasionally. Mike has been sick so it might have been him. If it wasnt for school thatd be me filling in for them (and I dont scoop my mids), damn education!

erik.

• Members

I like ETID. I saw them with Dillinger and they {censored}ing rocked. I just got the new album the other day but havent had a chance to give a good listen.

Though after skimming through it, it sounded a bit more rock n roll than hardcore/metal.... Which I thought was cool. :)

• Members

Def one of my fav albums in awhile. It takes a few listens but there is some great stuff going on there. Easily one of my fav bands as it's not the same Euro metal Americanized stuff....The lyrics are genius and synical as {censored} something I never take notice in...rock on Shea =)

Rai //

www.FarewellRadiance.com

Originally posted by telephant

I like ETID. I saw them with Dillinger and they {censored}ing rocked. I just got the new album the other day but havent had a chance to give a good listen.

Though after skimming through it, it sounded a bit more rock n roll than hardcore/metal.... Which I thought was cool.
:)

• Members

The dudes from Haste the Day are from my area, Indianapolis. My old band played with them a few times. According to their manager, they both used to rock Marshalls. Now, one dude plays the Krank, but the other guy still plays his Marshall. I wanna say an 800, but I'm not sure. Not real into their style, but it's great to see an Indianapolis band make waves. Another band from Indianapolis, Demiricous, has an album coming out in Jan. on Metal Blade. Definitely NOT christian metalcore. You'll probably be seeing them on HBB as well. They rock VHT's and 5150's. Just thought I'd throw that in...:)

• Members

Hmm VHT's and 5150's that's a pretty good combo ;) FYI My gtr player and I used to run that combo until he got his Powerball. Can't wait to record w the 2 amps....

Rai //

www.FarewellRadiance.com

Originally posted by nwright

The dudes from Haste the Day are from my area, Indianapolis. My old band played with them a few times. According to their manager, they both used to rock Marshalls. Now, one dude plays the Krank, but the other guy still plays his Marshall. I wanna say an 800, but I'm not sure. Not real into their style, but it's great to see an Indianapolis band make waves. Another band from Indianapolis, Demiricous, has an album coming out in Jan. on Metal Blade. Definitely NOT christian metalcore. You'll probably be seeing them on HBB as well. They rock VHT's and 5150's. Just thought I'd throw that in...
:)

Archived