Is the back of this 78 JMP stock?

FearTheVoices

• Members

well i have a 79' and mine has a different power insert. It think its stock but its older than a 78'. And that thing you guys are saying looks like an effects loop could also be an ohm selecor for cabinets. I don't have my JMP with me so I don't know for sure. Give me the ebay link or more/better pics and I may be able to tell.

• Members

the front of it was modded with a "tone" boost as he calls it. Its not a gain boost according to him but a "tone" boost that is good at lower volume levels but not really noticeable at higher volumes.

I wonder, there is a mini toggle switch on the front of the amp below mids knob i believe, i wonder if that runs to the loop to control on or off if you dont wanna use the toggle switch.

• Members

The two black things on the left, are speaker outs, the big black thing in the middle is an ohms selector, the Silver jacks, that are lower than anything on a Marshall usually are, look like send return jacks, and the knob above them, would be the level control. IMHO.

If it is an FX loop, it shouldn't affect the tone, but it depends on how they did it.

It also looks like they've got them labeled.

• Members
Originally posted by Marshall Freak

The two black things on the left, are speaker outs, the big black thing in the middle is an ohms selector, the Silver jacks, that are lower than anything on a Marshall usually are, look like send return jacks, and the knob above them, would be the level control. IMHO.

If it is an FX loop, it shouldn't affect the tone, but it depends on how they did it.

It also looks like they've got them labeled.

ya thats what i was thinking, as long as it doesnt change the tone of the amp when not in use i dont care..I will be sending the amp to Voodoo amps anyway not for those mods but i guess there nice to have already..

Archived