OT: St. Louis Rams

Megadeth7684

• Members

As much as I love the Rams, watching their games is so frustrating anymore. I've been following them closely for the past 6-7 years, and in the past couple years, every game seems to play out exactly the same. Their offense moves the ball down the field at will with the passing game, the running game is overlooked for the most part even if it's working, the QB (Bulger/Warner) gets sacked a lot, the defense lets opposing teams have their way with them, they get tons of stupid penalties, the special teams (except Jeff Wilkins) is a complete joke, they waste timeouts like they don't even care about them, and they turn the ball over a lot since they throw the ball so much, and run so many complicated plays. Plus they learn about 300 new offensive plays every week. Today was a perfect example of all that. Seriously, if this team had any kind of a defense at all, they would be Super Bowl bound every year IMO. That offense can move the ball so well, even with no running game, it's ridiculous, right down the field nearly every time. They even seem to play better when they're down by a few scores and have to throw the ball down the field. Hopefully in a few years Steven Jackson will be an elite running back, and they will have improved the {censored}ty defense, but for now, watching their games is more frustrating than fun anymore. :( Sorry, I just had to vent. :o

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

As much as I love the Rams, watching their games is so frustrating anymore. I've been following them closely for the past 6-7 years, and in the past couple years, every game seems to play out exactly the same. Their offense moves the ball down the field at will with the passing game, the running game is overlooked for the most part even if it's working, the QB (Bulger/Warner) gets sacked a lot, the defense lets opposing teams have their way with them, they get tons of stupid penalties, the special teams (except Jeff Wilkins) is a complete joke, they waste timeouts like they don't even care about them, and they turn the ball over a lot since they throw the ball so much, and run so many complicated plays. Plus they learn about 300 new offensive plays every week. Today was a perfect example of all that. Seriously, if this team had any kind of a defense at all, they would be Super Bowl bound every year IMO. That offense can move the ball so well, even with no running game, it's ridiculous, right down the field nearly every time. They even seem to play better when they're down by a few scores and have to throw the ball down the field. Hopefully in a few years Steven Jackson will be an elite running back, and they will have improved the {censored}ty defense, but for now, watching their games is more frustrating than fun anymore.
:(
Sorry, I just had to vent.
:o

Try being a Saints fan your whole life. :) It comes naturally when you're from Louisiana.

• Members
originally posted by Dale. B

Try being a Saints fan your whole life.
:)
It comes naturally when you're from Louisiana.

You mentioning the Saints just makes me think of that game a few years back where the Saints knocked the Rams out of Playoff contention. That game played out almost exactly like the game today. Az Hakim fumbled a punt in the final few minutes in that game, and today Shaun McDonald did the same thing. The Rams more than likely would have won both of those games if those fumbles wouldn't have happened.

• Members

How bout dem Cowboys, LOL. I hate them but i had to root for them against the hated Eagles. Giants and Boys next week should be good. But i really didn't watch much football because of the Yankee/Angel game. Mariano Rivera rules!

• Members
Originally posted by Dale B.

Try being a Saints fan your whole life.
:)
It comes naturally when you're from Louisiana.

I'm a Raiders fan and that is damn frustrating when they start leading the league in penalties. They got to the Super Bowl recently only to get destroyed by their former coach and the Bucs.

• Members

!!! GO PACK GO !!!

At 1-4 they still have a chance at winning the division, LOL!
Good thing they play in a weak division.

Sucks that Najeh Davenport is going to be out for the rest of the year.
He was running good up until he fractured his ankle.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

The Rams will tear that defense apart. Expect 350 passing yards from Bulger and 3 touchdowns.

You do realize that soo far the Colts have allowed only 29 points in 5 games. Corey SImon was a big addition.

Hey, I'll bet you 1 pack of strings that the COlts beat them and well use the Vegas spread. COme on, put your strings where your mouth is...

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

You do realize that soo far the Colts have allowed only 29 points in 5 games. Corey SImon was a big addition.

Hey, I'll bet you 1 pack of strings that the COlts beat them and well use the Vegas spread. COme on, put your strings where your mouth is...

read what I wrote above...

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

+1

All they needed was for people to write them off...make Brady angry and see what happens. Thanks Marty Schottenheimer!

The Pat's offense was good, but their defense still gave up a hell of a lot of points to an Vick-less Atlanta offense.

Archived