Am I weird because I prefer slant cabs?....

Dimebag11

• Members

It seems everyone and their mother prefers straight cabs over slant....personally for me it's hard to even tell the difference....when I play live my cabinets are mic'd :) so I prefer the benefit of having my cabinet as a sort of "monitor" for myself :) Does anyone else feel this way, or an I a loner?

• Members
Originally posted by Dimebag11

It seems everyone and their mother prefers straight cabs over slant....personally for me it's hard to even tell the difference....when I play live my cabinets are mic'd
:)
so I prefer the benefit of having my cabinet as a sort of "monitor" for myself
Does anyone else feel this way, or an I a loner?

Why would you need the cab to be a slant for it to be an onstage monitor. I use any cab that way. Actually,if I use a slant,I always have it on its side for more horizontal spread.

• Members

It seems everyone and their mother prefers straight cabs over slant....personally for me it's hard to even tell the difference....when I play live my cabinets are mic'd

No, you're weird for other reasons.

BTW: I like slant cabs too... not sure why I don't own one.

• Members

Only on HCAF. If you took a larger sampling beyond this forum I'm sure you might see different results.

Don't forget that some straight cabs actually have a slanted baffle, so they aren't perfectly straight.

• Members

in my experience, a GOOD straight cab is just as audible onstage as most slant cabs

...and there's more surface area on top, so less chance of your head getting knocked off (some amp heads nowadays are so big, you can hardly fit them on cabs)

i like both for different reasons...with only one cab right now i prefer a straight, when i add another cab tho it will be slant; bought them in that order for a reason ;)

i've also had much better luck miking/recording straight cabs, i've noticed that the top/bottom sections in slant cabs sound noticeably different

Archived