Holy Grap! this guy can play!

amiller

• Members

Howdy! I've seen him play live and he's amazing! He does a couple techniques that I've seen other pros do, only he does them faster and more creative. He's definitely one of the finest acoustic fingerpickers out there.

Peter

P.S. The link doesn't work for me either.

Originally posted by amiller

------------------------------------

His name is Tommy Emmanuel. I'm guessing a lot of you guys have heard of him...not me.

Sorry, should work now.

-ajm

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

HOLY. {censored}ING. {censored}.
:eek:
:eek:

That is probably the best guitar playing I have ever heard. Its almost un-human how accurately and fast that guy can play.

-Joe

The cool thing is how effortless he seems to make it and how much fun he's having.:D

-ajm

• Members

Originally posted by CM1000

since when is frank gambale only about speed? sure is he fast but he is much more than that. you obviously havn't heard his music

He was at least he was at GIT when my friend went there and he taught, several years back. I mean he did the heavy theory but everything was about setting up lines to get them as fast as possible, even at the expense of conviction and clarity. I like crazy guitar stuff, but I just can't get into his stuff.

That TE clips smokes! That's Rude Mood on Steroids.

• Members

Originally posted by GreatestGains

You think he's good in video/cd, you really need to see him in person. It's a humbling and awe inspiring experience.

+1

Australia has also produced a couple of other famous players..

Angus Young, Brett Garsed, John Williams...plus a few others.

Maybe Frank is mellowing a bit...I saw him a couple of years ago and was surprised at just melodic he was.

Archived