gigging amp with nice clean?

Hallvard

• Members

Hi, I have a mesa/boogie mark iv 1x12 combo, and I love it. the only problem is that it weights 33kg :o

I'm living in London for the next few years, and would like an amp I can gig with, but also carry for small distances, to the underground and so, preferably without seeing a doctor :p

What amp would you suggest? It must be a combo, 1x12 or maximum 2x12 and it must not be very heavy.

The clean sound is the most important and what I'm going to use 85% of the time, mostly with jazz. Any suggestions? I know a lot of amps, but I'm not really into the different fender models for example, wich I believe would be worth checking out? Any reccomendations?

Also roland jazz chorus could be an alternative.. I've tried the big 2x12 or 4x10, don't remember, but it was too big to carry around.. but there are a 1x12" version too, anyone tried that one?

Also open for any suggestions.

thanks in advance,

Hallvard

• Members

a Deluxe reverb reissue would be worth checking out. I have tried the vibrolux reverb in a store and its a really nice amp.

They don't get talked much about here but the fender pro reverb, its a 112, 50Watts, switchable to 25 watts and 2 channels.

The fender prosonic is a 210 and might be another great option for you. That is probably what I would go with.

• Members

thanks alot, I didn't know about that amp before your post.

It looks good - tube amp, lightweight, footswitchable reverb/tremolo and classic fender sound. I read some reviews saying this amp breaks up way too early, so it's hard to get a clean sound if you're in a not-miked-up band setting (hell, it's not that often you're in that setting though) But could you play in a jazz combo without miking it up and still get a nice clean sound, or would you get a breakup tone then?

thanks

Archived