Which tube amp/head to buy? looking for a 100 watt clean amp

Jav

• Members

Hi i am looking for a 100 watt tube head/amp, that can stay clean or not very dirty in very high volumes, i can only afford something around $1500 bucks, i like the vintage sound and preferably something with a good deep bass sound, not to sparky, but aint thaaat picky about it. If it only has one channel its great, i am using an 1962 SG Gibson, and probably and ds-2 heavy disorted, any sugesstions?

• Members

Originally posted by Kelly

Hi-Watt or Fender. Carvin amps are supposed to be great clean, too.

i agree, most fenders and carvins will have a really clear sparkle, u can try the Marshall mode4, it has limitless headroom, or a crate bv300, which has probly the most headroom of all amps, expecially with 300watts those 6550 powertubes than won't distort at all unless u turned them to 10, which will deafen u, don't get any EL34 amps, those will not be clean at high volumes, but thats why i like em. Ironically im looking for a low powered 50-60 watt amp that will provide me as much uncompressed distortion as possible, so that i can really push the power tubes to the limits of distortion, and achive max crunchieness

Archived