Power Tranny for a Sovtek Mig 50 Where to get one?

jhall

• Members

M.M. (if they even have 'em in stock) is gonna charge you at least half of what the amp is worth for a replacement that won't improve your tone.(and a tech will get at least $75 more..) Give New Sensor (do a search...) a call. Ask for "Otto" in the tech dept., and ask nicely if he might have a replacement. A Marshall replacement won't handle the heater arrangement in the Sovtek amps, and will be 100v or so down on power at the plates of the power tubes. Might wanna move on + sell the amp to someone looking for a cheap project platform.:( Sorry man,,,

• Members

Actually it's for a guy that I fixed his Champ after it had been to a bunch of "techs". It was a silverface that had been "tweeded" and it kept burning power tubes. All I did was change the cathode bias to handle the extra plate voltage and they really screwed the pootch on the power supply ( B+)? circut and I fixed it with no further issues. (lucky on my part not skill).

Now he brings his amps that he really cares about to me looking to fix them. I told him he'd be better off looking on ebay for a replacement amp but he's attached to this one. He also has plenty of money so that's not an issue really.

Archived