new AC30........anybody get one?

claurt

• Members

It was on my short list last month when I went amp shopping. I love the amp and many of my fave players have used one - but for an old dude like me it just weighted too much. If I start playing out more regularly in clubs (ie - if the band me and a friend are trying to start gets going), I might buy one since I will need two good amps (ended up buying a Rivera Clubster 45).

I like the tone of the new AC30's, but they ain't the same as the original ones. Pretty similar though, with a lot more bells and whistles. Great for blues and classic rock tones - which is what I do (with some country thrown in...).

• Members

Originally posted by DenverDave

It was on my short list last month when I went amp shopping. I love the amp and many of my fave players have used one - but for an old dude like me it just weighted too much. If I start playing out more regularly in clubs (ie - if the band me and a friend are trying to start gets going), I might buy one since I will need two good amps (ended up buying a Rivera Clubster 45).

I like the tone of the new AC30's, but they ain't the same as the original ones. Pretty similar though, with a lot more bells and whistles. Great for blues and classic rock tones - which is what I do (with some country thrown in...).

I hear the AC15 is coming back... Should be out in a month or so. Much smallerlighter! :D

Archived