OT: SPAM: VHT CLX Combo, Gibson Q-100, Mesa Boogie Studio Pre

xiwiwix1

• Members

VHT CLX 2x12 Combo; no speakers, the cab, the head, and inside of the amp is mint. With footswitch. $1800 shipped; aslong as shipping is under $75, includes any PayPal fees too. Or $1700 plus shipping and PayPal fees which ever is cheaper.

99531764.jpg

99531760.jpg

Gibson Q-100 $650 shipped with original HSC all stock.

93625466.jpg

93625463.jpg

Mesa Boogie Studio Pre Aamp. $365 includes footswitch shipping and PayPal fees.

d6_1.JPG

a1_1.JPG

82_1.JPG

53_1.JPG

08_1.JPG

45_1.JPG

Take Care

• Members

Originally posted by Shask

Not find it to be like the Quad, and Mark 4?

Nope. The Quad is AWESOME!!! This pre amp is ok. I'm sure if I were to change the pre amp tubes with cleaner/more gain in certain spots it would sound better.

Well, I guess I will do that tomorrow if I can find the Schem for it.

Take Care

• Members

Originally posted by xiwiwix

Nope. The Quad is AWESOME!!! This pre amp is ok. I'm sure if I were to change the pre amp tubes with cleaner/more gain in certain spots it would sound better.

Well, I guess I will do that tomorrow if I can find the Schem for it.

Take Care

DO you mean channels 3 and 4 of the Quad?

If I remember right, the first 2 Quad channels were the same as the Studio. The, 3 and 4 just added a few parts to the same 'Studio' part.

Ive thought about looking into it more, to mod it more into the Quads 4th channel, instead of 2nd...

• Members

DO you mean channels 3 and 4 of the Quad?

If I remember right, the first 2 Quad channels were the same as the Studio. The, 3 and 4 just added a few parts to the same 'Studio' part.

Ive thought about looking into it more, to mod it more into the Quads 4th channel, instead of 2nd...

I just remember the Quad being way more aggressive; the dynamics of the gain, and having more usable gain. Thats why I said a tube change could fix it. ;)

Take Care

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Where did the speakers go?

Did they roll away?

Did you eat them?

Did you send them you Kannibul so he could treat the cones?

Do you just like the sound of amps not going through speakers?

The people want to know where they went:mad:

:mad:

• Members

I just remember the Quad being way more aggressive; the dynamics of the gain, and having more usable gain. Thats why I said a tube change could fix it.
;)

Take Care

Yeah, the Studio is kind of smooth.

I was just wondering. I know everyone flipped over the homemade IIC+ preamp the other day, lol. The Studio should be similar, and why I thought you bought it.

I have one I like, but do think of modding it at times. But it is definitely cool stock also.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Where did the speakers go?
I sold them.

Did they roll away?
No

Did you eat them?
No

Did you send them you Kannibul so he could treat the cones?
??? Do you mean ice cream cones?

Do you just like the sound of amps not going through speakers?
I don't like open back cabs.

The people want to know where they went:mad:

:D

Take Care

• Members

Yeah, the Studio is kind of smooth.

I was just wondering. I know everyone flipped over the homemade IIC+ preamp the other day, lol. The Studio should be similar, and why I thought you bought it.

I have one I like, but do think of modding it at times. But it is definitely cool stock also.

:o

90% of my purchases are not related to this forum...ok, ok, its the other way around; 10% aren't related to this forum and the Studio was part of the 10%. :D I bought it the day before the post, or at least before anyone said the studio would sound like it; I even said that in the post.

I had been wanting one for many years; Kurt had one. :o

Take Care

• Members

90% of my purchases are not related to this forum...ok, ok, its the other way around; 10% aren't related to this forum and the Studio was part of the 10%.
:D
I bought it the day before the post, or at least before anyone said the studio would sound like it; I even said that in the post.

I had been wanting one for many years; Kurt had one.

Take Care

Kurt Hamnet?

Archived