Randall RH50T (head) and RG50TC (combo) Tube Amps...any buzz out there?

Deuterium

• Members

I have had my Randall RH50T for a couple of months, and posted the first (only, so far) review on the Amp review database.

I was curious if anyone has seen these out at the guitar stores, and has played one?

I bought mine direct from American Musical Supply...and haven't seen these locally.

Fantastic amp, and well-built (even though it is made in China).

• Members

i played one at where i use to work and initially was impress by the being compact and sounded pretty good. But the more I played it the more I didn't like it. The cleans were too thin. The distortion has nice singin sustain but lack something. Maybe it needs better speakers in order to take advantage of it's tone?

• Members

I've played it everytime I head over to my music shop to learn techy stuff, and that's the amp I basically test through. It's a very decent amp, and with me being in Australia, it's kinda hard to find any other cheaper all tube amp. Very well put together, I think it's a little stunner of an amp. Great distortion, probably my favourite in the sub AU$1000. I haven't seen the head version of it down under yet.... we get stuff so much later

• Members

well, I havent played one yet and probably will never play one (these kind of things dont come to Israel very quick), so could you record a demo clip of it? (clean tone,mid gain tone,high gain tone, lead tone etc..)

Iv noticed it a few months ago on Zzound but there isnt a review or a pic of it yet.

• Members

Bought mine last week from Key Music in Brussels. Great amp if you like your overdrives thich & creamy. Definitely not an amp for metal. I play mine through a self made 2x12 Celestion loaded speaker cabinet. Great heavy rock sounds. Clean channel crunches beautifully too. Think JCM800. If you want more clean headroom, better consider another amp like a Hot Rod deluxe. Can't find a better tube amp for the price.

• Members

Originally posted by axemanfrommars

Bought mine last week from Key Music in Brussels. Great amp if you like your overdrives thich & creamy. Definitely not an amp for metal. I play mine through a self made 2x12 Celestion loaded speaker cabinet. Great heavy rock sounds. Clean channel crunches beautifully too. Think JCM800. If you want more clean headroom, better consider another amp like a Hot Rod deluxe. Can't find a better tube amp for the price.

Hi Axemanfrommars:

How are things in Brussels? The Company I work for has a huge manufacturing headquarters outside of Antwerp (Wilrijk). I am over there once or twice a year. I Just love Beligium! Especially your fine beers (love Orval).

I use a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive pedal with my Randall RH50T, and that provides incredible, violin-like sustain for Lead / Solo playing. I agree that it is not voiced towards "metal", which is fine for me, as I can't stand a "scooped" sound. I love the pronounced mids that this baby puts out.

Cheers.

• Members

Brussels? Well... not exactly the most rocking place on earth, but as you mentioned it we've got our beers to make up for it. Glad I've found someone else on this planet who likes Orval. I played a gig yesterday with the RH50T and must confess I was most impressed by the tone and power it delivers. The amp's overdrives leave me wondering what I'm now going to do with my (otherwise excellent) Visual Sound JH1. Time will tell, I guess...

If you happen to drop in Brussels and want to enjoy a good drink, pay a visit to "la Mort Subite" (Sudden Death...), one of Brussels most ancient and typical caf

Archived