OT: anyone here own a EBMM EVH sig guitar?

mad axe man

• Members

I want to ask with the stock pickups

how far is the bridge one from the strings?

Measuring from the top of the stud pole to the bottom of the strings?

what is the closest production dimarzio to

that custom wound EVH dimarzio?

i tried a tone zone? not really that close in tone to one another? :(

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I had one Tony, You can check that height on any axis.

Kage

who's tony:confused:

are you sure the height is the same on a axis?

i heard that eddie liked his lower and then they went to the axis EBMM raised it more for the multitudes?

• Members
Originally posted by jackson soloist usa

who's tony:confused:

are you sure the height is the same on a axis?

i heard that eddie liked his lower and then they went to the axis EBMM raised it more for the multitudes?

Ive owned both and there didnt seem to be a difference to me, I could be wrong though.

You sure you arent Mad Axe Man?;)

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

You sure you arent Mad Axe Man?
;)

last time i checked i was not him.

steel kage do you know what dimarzio i can get to get that same tone the custom wound EVH has?
dimarzio say a tone zone but i dont hear the tone zone sounding as clean or crisp?

• Members

steel kage do you know what dimarzio i can get to get that same tone the custom wound EVH has?

dimarzio say a tone zone but i dont hear the tone zone sounding as clean or crisp?

No Idea, Im not good with that stuff, I was going to say check with Dimarzio since thats what they were....

Kage

• Members

The Tone Zone is nowhere near the same PUP as the custom EVH's. It's alot fatter and warmer, that's for damn sure. I honestly don't think Dimarzio makes an "off the shelf" pup that can cop that pickup.

• Members

DiMarzio claims the Tone Zone is close... but I've got both and they don't sound anything alike. The Tone Zone has was too much bass. The Duncan Custom Custom is closer, but it doesn't have enough bass....

I'd love to hear a Ducan Custom Shop EVH!

As far as how far from the strings... I usually bring my pickups as close as I can without the string touching the pickup while it vibrates.... and I don't remember the Axis looking any different. And for those who don't know, the Axis pickups are mounted directly to the body, they don't move up and down by design.

Here's my Axis;

music_man_axis.jpg

Archived