Rectoverb any different than the other rectos?

Rich

• Members

Rich, I have the Rectoverb and the Tremoverb. The main differences are: 1. 50 v. 100 watts; 2. SS rectifier v. tube or ss rectifier; 3. Footswitching (one single footswitch with solo boost v. 4 seperate footswitches & cables - no solo boost); 4. No tremelo v. tremelo.

The Rectoverb is a more gig-friendly amp (which is why I bought it even though I owned the Tremoverb) because of the lower power, footswitching, and somewhat better cleans. Conversely, the Tremoverb on the orange channel with tube rectifier is the sound of a thousand modern rock records. Warm but powerful. Absolutely yummy. Typical of Mesas, both amps feature several modes that make them capable of a huge variety of tones. I recommend the Rectoverb if this is to be a gigging amp (for the convenience) and the Tremoverb if it is to be primarily a recording amp.

• Members

I have a Single Recto, which is the same thing as the Rectoverb (50W, 2-Channel, SS Rectifier, etc.) minus the reverb. Great amp for the money. It's loud as hell and underrated for its versatility. I'm very pleased and have had no second thoughts. There's nothing I could reasonably buy that I would sound better for me.

Archived