What to do when a parcel goes missing???

Big Hair

• Members

A parcel I sent to the US on the 21st of Sept has still not arrived. What be would the correct procedure/etiquette for sorting it out?

The item was sent without tracking at buyers request to save postage, but was fully insured. I spoke to parcelforce who have said I have to wait for 28 days until they consider a parcel going missing and it could take up to 3 months to get my money back after they have made an investigation.

Do I refund the guy after 28 days or wait until I get a refund myself. Do I refund the amount I received after paypal fees or the amount he originally sent??

thanks for advice

• Members

Mark, I remember you saying how arsey that guy was about shipping. Also, if he asks to ship with no tracking number, then its his lookout. You shouldn't refund him until you have been refunded yourself. If he doesn't like it, you tell him its his badluck for not tracking the parcel properly.

Al

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Sorry to hear this Mark, I know that you are an honest man and I hope the other party works with you on this.

Good Luck Mark.

Yeah, the other guy is basically saying he is fine to wait for the 28 days but thinks I should pay him back after 28 days whilst I wait for the claim. I am wondering what would happen if I refunded him the cash & then they delivered the parcel on the 29th day?

Hopefully it will be sorted out though - it's not an amp so not a massive amount, more like about $200, but it'd be a pain to lose it :(

• Members
Originally posted by Sorted69

I might sound a dick here but never send anything without tracking AND insurance...

Too easy to get screwed over, im not saying you are but the chance is there is you dont have both.

Hope you sort it mate.

I have learnt my lesson here :(
Luckily it is insured so I should be able to get my money back if it doesn't arrive

• Members

Originally posted by algroves

Mark, I remember you saying how arsey that guy was about shipping. Also, if he asks to ship with no tracking number, then its his lookout. You shouldn't refund him until you have been refunded yourself. If he doesn't like it, you tell him its his badluck for not tracking the parcel properly.

Al

No, this is a different one! That guy paid the

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

Yeah, the other guy is basically saying he is fine to wait for the 28 days but thinks I should pay him back after 28 days whilst I wait for the claim. I am wondering what would happen if I refunded him the cash & then they delivered the parcel on the 29th day?

Hopefully it will be sorted out though - it's not an amp so not a massive amount, more like about $200, but it'd be a pain to lose it
:(

If that guy didn't want to pay for the tracking then {censored} HIM. I wouldn't refund him ANYTHING until you get the claim sorted out.

How much extra was tracking??

• Members
Originally posted by ranalli

If that guy didn't want to pay for the tracking then {censored} HIM. I wouldn't refund him ANYTHING until you get the claim sorted out.

How much extra was tracking??

about an extra $50-odd I think. The problem is that Parcelforce have said it could take up to 3 months to sort the claim out since they have to contact foreign postal services etc :(

Archived