Good replacement 12 inch speaker-not Celestion

micahsdad

• Members

Originally posted by micahsdad

I am in the market for a replacement 12 in for my amp. I am not looking to go with a Celestion. Any other suggestions for a good speaker. I have been looking at the Eminence Patriot or Red Coat series. Anyone?

what is it about Celestion you do not like?

m/

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I love how since Eminence came out with all their new speakers all of a sudden Celestions are crap. Who has sold more speakers than anyone else in the world? Who has the best track record? Must be a reason.

this was my point... most all of Eminence speakers are based off Celestions when i checked out their website. :confused:

m/

• Members

I have nothing against Celestions, I had em in a Marshall 4x12 and I loved it. I am replacing the speaking in a Fender and I want a more "American" sounding speaker as opposed to a "British" sounding one.

Check out weber speakers then, he has some great Jensen clones that are much better than the Jensen reissues. It would help if we knew the amp too:D

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I love how since Eminence came out with all their new speakers all of a sudden Celestions are crap. Who has sold more speakers than anyone else in the world? Who has the best track record? Must be a reason.

Celecstion's aren't crap...Eminence has sold more speakers than anyone else for sure...Eminence has an amazing track record...there is a reason...

I prefer the sound of Eminence over Celecstion's myself because they have so many tone options to choose from that you can get what you want. Eminence makes most people's speakers for them and Celestion moved their production overseas from what I understand...

• Members

I have nothing against Celestions, I had em in a Marshall 4x12 and I loved it. I am replacing the speaking in a Fender and I want a more "American" sounding speaker as opposed to a "British" sounding one.

if you want "American" go check out the Eminence Patriot on their website.:cool:

m/

Archived