What guitar would you get for $700? Name anything, new or used.

code_blue

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

Whats up with the tuners on those?

Nothing, really. They're Grovers but with knurled tubular pegs. I haven't seen Grover offer that as an option but the tuners feel exactly the same as the Grovers on my Heatley (except for the pegs themselves).

The pickups aren't even bad. Although I'm replacing them with Duncans of course. :)

The top is just for show--it's 1/32" thick. But it does make the guitar look slick. The sound is fantastic. I look forward to trying more of these, and the opaque version (the other model in that line which is a bit cheaper yet). If others sound this good, I'll be buying at least one more and putting different pickups in it (Filtertron type or something).

Oh, and the hardware is actually metal with chrome, not plastic with chrome paint. The knobs are also not the solid types which are super heavy, but have chrome outsides and nice nylon inserts. (I hate it when the knobs add over a pound of weight to the guitar...) For an inexpensive guitar, it seems a lot of thought was put into this.

• Members

I would probably find a used Ernie Ball sillhouette or something like that. The Ernie ball's build quality is among the highest in the industry and they are built here in the good old USA. Second option would probably be a used ESP eclipse or horizon if I could find one.

Archived