hey SORDID1--QR/GFlex content

shreder75

• Members

got my QR..

if you happen to get one and don't want to get rid of your gflex 4x12, I don't think you'll have a problem...LOL..

ask and ye shall receive! I plugged it into my gflex and it sounds MONSTROUS!!!!!

I can only imagine what it's gonna sound like through my 4x12!!!

anywho, thoughts, pix etc, later on =D

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

got my QR..

if you happen to get one and don't want to get rid of your gflex 4x12, I don't think you'll have a problem...LOL..

ask and ye shall receive! I plugged it into my gflex and it sounds MONSTROUS!!!!!

I can only imagine what it's gonna sound like through my 4x12!!!

anywho, thoughts, pix etc, later on =D

That's funny I was just searching for a thread saying you got it! So it is everything you thought it would be? The Gflex seems to sound good with anything I put through it due to it's very even response and clarity. Let me know if you like it through the Splawn cab better.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

That's funny I was just searching for a thread saying you got it! So it is everything you thought it would be? The Gflex seems to sound good with anything I put through it due to it's very even response and clarity. Let me know if you like it through the Splawn cab better.

I was nervous as {censored} when it came...I was like 'damn, what if I don't like it?? let me finish my coffee THEN unpack it...'..lol

dude, this...amp....RULEZZZZZZZZZ

any concerns anyone had with the levels of USEABLE gain acheivable on this amp needn't worry...

CRUNCHY AS {censored}!!! puts ever single marshall I've ever played to shame dude...I {censored} you not...

the cab sounds killer!!! speakers haven't broken in yet, obviously..but the x pattern sounds fantastic...

so far I'm diggin' the 4x12 more..would I have been happy with the amp through the gflex 2x12? {censored} yes...am I happy I got the 100lb monster splawn cab? my answer to that is, does howdy doodey have wooden balls? =D

it's kinda hard to REALLy compare apples to apples though cause one's a 2x12 the others a 4x12...but this cab is a monster...

I haven'et even tweaked it that much and I can't dial in a {censored}ty or unusable sound....gets the good VH vibe on gear one..and gear three is friggin' insane...

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

I was nervous as {censored} when it came...I was like 'damn, what if I don't like it?? let me finish my coffee THEN unpack it...'..lol

dude, this...amp....RULEZZZZZZZZZ

any concerns anyone had with the levels of USEABLE gain acheivable on this amp needn't worry...

CRUNCHY AS {censored}!!! puts ever single marshall I've ever played to shame dude...I {censored} you not...

the cab sounds killer!!! speakers haven't broken in yet, obviously..but the x pattern sounds fantastic...

so far I'm diggin' the 4x12 more..would I have been happy with the amp through the gflex 2x12? {censored} yes...am I happy I got the 100lb monster splawn cab? my answer to that is, does howdy doodey have wooden balls? =D

it's kinda hard to REALLy compare apples to apples though cause one's a 2x12 the others a 4x12...but this cab is a monster...

I haven'et even tweaked it that much and I can't dial in a {censored}ty or unusable sound....gets the good VH vibe on gear one..and gear three is friggin' insane...

That's great to hear, If it's like a Marshall one of the nice things is that it is really easy to get a good sound up front. Having heard your words about it makes me really want one. So I guess it's safe to say it leaves your at100 in the dust?

• Members

That's great to hear, If it's like a Marshall one of the nice things is that it is really easy to get a good sound up front. Having heard your words about it makes me really want one. So I guess it's safe to say it leaves your at100 in the dust?

you SHOULD want one! you'd be crazy NOT to want one!!! lol..

seriously though...anyone who thinks that this is just an 80's hair band amp is sorely mistaken...

as far as the AT100 goes...well, it's kinda lke apples and oranges really...but yeah, it's safe to say that...LOL..don't get me wrong, the at100 is a really good amp...but well...need I go on? lol..I do have to say that the AT100 has a killer clean channel..the QR has a good clean channel too...but you gotta roll off on the volume on your geetar...but it's kinda neat..when you do have the volume all the way up, it gets some hair on it and you get an SRV type of thing goin' on..

• Members

[

as far as the AT100 goes...well, it's kinda lke apples and oranges really...but yeah, it's safe to say that...LOL..don't get me wrong, the at100 is a really good amp...but well...need I go on? lol..I do have to say that the AT100 has a killer clean channel..the QR has a good clean channel too...but you gotta roll off on the volume on your geetar...but it's kinda neat..when you do have the volume all the way up, it gets some hair on it and you get an SRV type of thing goin' on..

Cool, actually hearing the clean channel isn't completely clean makes me want it more. The one thing my XXX doesn't do is break up on the clean channel and that would be nice. I can get that kind of sound out of my crunch channel but then I lose my main rythm channel. My old Mark IIb had that kind of clean (well darker obviously) but I loved the bluesy breakup I got out of it.

• Members

[

Cool, actually hearing the clean channel isn't completely clean makes me want it more. The one thing my XXX doesn't do is break up on the clean channel and that would be nice. I can get that kind of sound out of my crunch channel but then I lose my main rythm channel. My old Mark IIb had that kind of clean (well darker obviously) but I loved the bluesy breakup I got out of it.

then it's right up your alley =)

Archived